I'm not sure if I've ever shared this story, but when we first moved in I went down to the concierge to ask him for a shuttle schedule for the metro. I told him what apartment we were in, and he replied "Ohhhh... the famous apartment". Immediately, I assumed someone had either been murdered or a crazy person lived there before us. When I asked him to please clarify his statement, he said "Not famous bad, famous because Steven Strasburg lived there until... well.. you know".
Well, no, I don't know, because a) I have no idea who that is and b) if I don't know who it is then I don't know what happened. But of course, I'm too embarrassed to ask since he said it so matter-of-factly, so I just played along. I'm sure I said something like "Yeah, I heard. Pssshhh... that was crazy!"
I went about my day like normal and when trying to recount the story to Zeke, it sounded something like "Oh hey so some famous person lived in our place, and something apparently happened to him, but I can't remember what his name is or anything. He sounded like a lawyer maybe? Or a mafia person?" Zeke looked at me like he usually does and said "Wow babe, that narrows it down. Sounded like a lawyer maybe, in Washington DC." I know, I know.
So Zeke finally discovers the name and informed me that DUH... Strasburg is a pitcher for the Washington Nationals, was one of the youngest people ever drafted into MLB, and he injured himself at the end of last season and it was some big story. Well I didn't feel bad for not knowing it because I only follow the Astros, and I wouldn't really call it following as much as go to the games when we get free tickets. If it doesn't involve Texas Tech or College Football, chances are I don't give a crap.
Anyhow, today I grabbed a copy of the free DC paper, and ironically staring at me from page 4 was none other than the famous....
| Strasburg in the flesh! (Or on paper! What ev!) |
So last night, we went to pick up the Crate and Barrel desk that I scored on Craig's List. And go figure, the GPS can't locate the address! We tried to pull it up on our phones, and it was directing us to Dayton, Ohio. Fail. Thanks to Zeke and his navigation skills, we made it there in about 20 minutes, only getting lost and cussing at each other once or twice. Well worth the trip, I love it!
| The area formerly known as box storage. |
I also got the itch to hang stuff on the walls finally, but it was a bad time for the itch to strike (9:30 pm, and the next door neighbors have a small child). I as able to sneak in one last picture hang before Zeke cut me off. I present to you... the kitchen! Almost finished!
| Inaugural art piece in apt 809 |
| Lovely spice rack courtesy of Auntie Colette & OXO Pop Containers from Kurt & Bo. Great gifts! |
| Still need to hang the Z & K letters, trying to find them a home! |
I'm off to the grocery store... I picked out 3 dishes from my Bobby Flay Mesa Grill Cookbook to try this week.
I'm substituting all of the fatty ingredients for healthy options (olive oil vs canola, fruit puree vs. butter based sauces toppings), but he uses so many fresh ingredients that hopefully it will come out equally as delicious. That is my favorite cookbook EVER, if you are a Bobby Flay fan, I highly recommend it! Only, be prepared to spend a full 90 minutes prepping & actively cooking, these recipes labor intensive but are SO good that it's worth it!
Have a great week!

Zeke said that Strasburg was one of the youngest players drafted? ha ha ha
ReplyDeleteYep, he told me that. He wasn't exactly sure but thought he was one of the youngest players. What's the real story Mr. Canlas?
ReplyDelete