Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paid a visit to an old friend....

His name is GYM. I hadn't seen him since November. I must say, I'm rather proud of myself though.

I got home from work around 7:30. I sat down on the couch, turned on the computer, and checked some emails. I got up off the couch to make my way to the refrigerator to pour a well deserved glass of wine. Before I got the wine, I wanted to get comfortable, so I went into the room to change into some lounge clothes. There stood my running shoes. Just looking at me. I just got them in the mail yesterday (long story- left them in Houston and Jess had to send them to me and kept forgetting). Suddenly, all of these phrases started running through my head. Wedding, Bahamas, Honeymoon, Bride with backfat, Chunk Arms, St. Lucia, Pictures, Jiggle Jiggle, 78 days away... Ahh! So... I harnessed all of my energy, and instead of putting on the same zebra striped nightgown and house shoes I always wear, I put on my workout clothes, grabbed my headphones, and headed to the gym.

So I'm dressed & ready to go, hop on the elevator, and pressed the button for the 3rd floor. I get off on the 3rd floor, walk up and down the hallway, and discover the gym isn't there. Crap.

I push the button again, and go to the 2nd floor. Get off, walk around, no gym. Double crap.

Same story, push the "M" button, (I think this stands for Mezzanine?) get off, and see the sign for the gym! Alas! But then there's the awkward "get on the machine and pretend like I've done this a million times" thing. Only, I'm not that smooth. We have TV's on all of the units, and I couldn't figure out how to work the stupid thing. So finally, I figured out how to turn it on. I saw everyone else was watching American Idol, so I try to find the channel, and the up/down buttons are turning them to some weird AUX channel! What the hell! So I manually punched in the numbers, starting at channel 13 and went down the line. Finally, found it on channel 5.

41 minutes later, I finished 3 miles. 41 freaking minutes. That's horrible! 3 months ago I could do 3 miles in 25 minutes! And to make it worse, I looked like this...
A new shade of red
But know this, blogger friends. Today was the start of a new healthy habit! I guess this is my week of self-improvement declarations. I'm feeling adventurous and might sign up for the 1/2 distance of the National Marathon in DC on March 27th. The only problem is it's the weekend after we will all be in NOLA for the debauchery also known as my bachelorette party. But I know if I register for it, it will force me to train hardcore for the next 2 months. Also, it's the first weekend of the Cherry Blossom Festival, so it will be awesome scenery! We'll see.

I might visit GYM tomorrow morning, because I have my first LivingSocial HH tomorrow night. That's a bit ambitious though, because a) I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow and b) I am the worst morning person EVER and don't get out of bed until I absolutely have to.

I'm excited about HH tomorrow night though, and I think it will be awesome! Incase you didn't hear, we broke a world wide web record today, and our CEO is super excited! With our Amazon.com $10 for a $20 GC, we had the biggest one day sale in the history of the web, selling over a million vouchers! Incase you missed the deal, you still have time... it closes in 9 hours. I just checked the total... 1.12 million! They cap it out at 1.5 million and it's getting a lot of press, so hurry! Today was fun & very high energy... when we hit 500,000 someone banged a big gong in the room beside us. I didn't even know we had a gong! And there were a bunch of champagne bottles in the fridge, I'm assuming we are having a party soon. Or maybe they did tonight and I wasn't invited... probably the case.

We have had so much good PR lately, I'm still nerdily excited to be a part of such a great team. AND- I'm going to close my first deal tomorrow!!! Arriba Arriba Aye Aye Aye! It's a Yoga deal in Tempe, AZ. The owner is supposed to send me the contract tomorrow and we are running it as early as next week! I will, OF COURSE, post the deal on the blog :)

Now, I'm going to reward my workout with that glass of wine I was going to grab earlier. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment