Exercice- Weight, 1st Rep, 2nd Rep
Bench Press- 10 lbs, 25x, 15xDumbell Fly- 5 lbs, 15x, 15x
Lateral Raises- 5 lbs, 17x, 13x
Shoulder Press- 10 lbs (1st @ 5x) 5 lbs (2nd @ 14x)
Calf Raises- 10 lbs, 20x, x20
Dumbell Curls- 10 lbs, 18x, 14x
Tricep Extensions- 15 lbs (1st @ 10x), 10 lb (2nd @ 18x)
Abs- 300 Crunches
Chair Dips- 12x, 10x
Push ups- 12x, 8x
I made it all the way down the list until the chair dips and push ups. I propped myself on the weight bench to do my first chair dip... and BOOM. I just went straight to the floor, no dipping about it. Push ups? No chance. I decided I was done for the day.
This morning, I could barely lift myself up out of bed due to my abdominal muscles being on strike. It feels like I got kicked in the ribs by little ninjas in my sleep. In the shower, I struggled to raise my arms to shampoo my hair. And the whole blow dryer/straightener just wasn't happening, so my hair looked like doo doo all day. If that is the normal workout regimen for all college cheerleaders, I think I picked the right route as the intoxicated sorority chick in the stands.
I took tonight off from the gym. I'm not giving up on my Notre Dame Cheer arms quite yet... I just physically can't do anything. I'll pick it back up tomorrow with a nice 3 miler and another round of torture. Plus, Zeke's in Baltimore tonight for work, so I had to seize the opportunity to catch up on my DVR'd Real Housewives of BH, You're Cut Off, and the Bachelor (of course).
If anyone attempts the arm workout, let me know how miserable you feel the next day. Sweet dreams!
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI'm game. 40 minutes of cardio first, right?
Well you probably run the same distance in 20 minutes that I run in 40! LOL. I did a little over 3 miles. Good luck & let me know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention to only do the arm workout twice a week. I normally did Sundays and Thursdays. I promise the first few times are the worst! It will get better.
ReplyDeleteOk, makes more sense now Janice. I was wondering what kind of super woman powers you & your sister inherited. Will resume tomorrow, taking Thursday & Friday off. Saturday I'm game for kickboxing!
ReplyDelete