After my post last night, Zeke said I looked really flushed, so we took my temperature and it was 101.4! I haven't had fever like that in a really long time. For the last 24 hours, I've been choking back Thera Flu and drinking a ton of water. This morning, I woke up at 6:00 and checked my temp... 100.1. But of course, I went to work anyway. I'd rather be the girl that toughed it out and came in anyway VS. the girl that calls in sick on her 2nd day.
My metro trip was much less eventful than yesterday. Although, I keep forgetting what color metro line to take, so I made myself remember- Yellow is the color of sunshine, and the sun is shining when I go to work, so take the Yellow Line. Easy enough.
With regards to job, today was much less exciting. We did database training from 9am-12pm, in which the Training Facilitator put our database on a projector screen and manually showed us how to input various information into the system. If you've ever had to sit through visual database training you know how POINTLESS it is! It's like someone giving me a map of Russia, pointing out 20 cities I will have to visit in 2 weeks, then rambling off directions expecting us to remember it because we saw it once. Everyone in the class agreed that we wasted 3 hours.
Tomorrow is a fun day, we are taking things back Aerotek Sales Training Style! In front of our class, we have to role play a 10 minute meeting with a potential Living Social Featured Partner (aka someone we do a deal for). After the presentation, our classmates critique us. We role played phone calls this afternoon though, and they make it suuuuper easy, and they're very positive and encouraging with their feedback, so I'm not nervous. I've been through way worse.
I'm about to guzzle some nyquil and hit the sack. My fever is only 99.0 right now, so I think I'm getting better. I still didn't get a chance to take pics of the office today. The Big Buck Hunter machine was blocked by a shipment of new file cabinets that just came in, so you wouldn't get the full effect. Tomorrow.
Germ infested smooches,
Kate the coughing nose blower who probably transmitted a rare form of influenza to the whole training class because she didn't want to call in sick
(formerly Kate the Elbow Licker)
No comments:
Post a Comment