Saturday, January 22, 2011

Making up for my "sneak attacks"

We continued No-Fail Friday with a celebratory HH/night out in Clarendon. That's pretty much the only place Zeke and I go out, we should probably explore other areas eventually.

The night started at Hunan One, Mattie's favorite sushi Happy Hour spot. After visiting, I totally know why! They have 32 oz big a$$ beers and 8 piece rolls for $3.95- score! And the specials last until 9:00 pm. Double score. We successfully got a cheap buzz and full bellies for very little dough, and the rolls were delicious. We will definitely become regulars.

Next, we walked (in the frigid cold) to Spider Kelly's. One of our favorite bars by far! It was here that I redeemed myself for the "sneak attack" I pulled on Mattie a few weeks ago. (I haven't figured out all of the cool blogger tricks yet, or else I'd attach a link to my previous post that tells the story). Turns out he likes the game, too! He tried to sneak a few good slaps in on me, but I'm a crafty veteran. He did get one good slap in, and this group of girls standing behind us all stared at him like he was crazy, then it got really awkward. LOL. But for the most part, he appreciates and understands the fun behind randomly slapping your friends. I call that "progress". He's no Jason Canlas, but it's fun to have a new guy buddy. Here's our new friendship picture, I promised him I'd post it.
Two person wolf pack
I also discovered my new favorite drink! It's apple cider, Captain Morgan spiced rum, and a splash of Ginger Ale. It was so delicious that I had about 4.

Around 11:30, we all decided to call it a night. When the cab dropped us off at the apt, we were convinced it would be an even better idea to head to our favorite irish pub, P Brennans, and see if our favorite irish bartender was working, Owen. I have yet to determine if having 2 bars in the bottom floor of our apartment building is a good or bad thing. Sure enough, Owen was working! We stayed a few beers too long and stumbled home after last call.

When we woke up and glanced out the window this morning, it just LOOKED cold. Sure enough...
Burr
Today, Zeke has some friends coming over to play Virtual Golf in the gym at our apartment. It's so fun! I told them I would be the cart girl. We saw a group of guys down there a few weeks ago dressed in full golf gear with a rolley cooler and Zeke thought it was genius. Since it's too cold to do anything outside, it's a prefect way to get your 18 holes in! We played when we first moved in...




Hopefully my delicious apple cider drink hangover will go away so I can go to the gym. Truth be told, I'm still ridiculously sore from my pathetic 41 minute 5k the other day. I decided I am signing up for the 1/2 Marathon in March, because it will force me to train, so I better just suck it up and be productive! We leave for the Bahamas 1 month from today, so I really need to kick it into gear. I would just do some fad diet or cut out all of my carbs, but I love food and beer too much. Hence- the reason I will never have abs. Oh well, life's too short!

Hope your Saturday is great & productive as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment