Friday, January 14, 2011

TGIMFF

Yeah, you know what it stands for. Hallelujah! Not that I had a bad week by any means... I'm just so excited that I have a 3 day weekend ahead!

So yesterday was our anniversary, we had a great time. Here are my pretty flowers...

I'm sad to report that "DudeFest" was sold out when we got there, so we had to revert to Plan B. We knew we weren't getting in when the people dressed in maroon velour bathrobes and bowling outfits were getting turned away. It looked like such a cool event... next time we will plan ahead and buy tickets online. Instead of white russians and abiding by the dude, we opted to test out the wine bar down the street, Twisted Vines. It was actually really good! They serve tapas and have a really good wine selection. It reminded me of Absolve Wine Lounge on Studemont and Washington.  We split a bottle of wine & ate some bleu cheese stuffed meatballs and some italian pita sandwich melt thing. Delish.

It was fun celebrating such a milestone in our relationship! 4 years is a pretty long time in my opinion. Especially considering we have an absurdly functional relationship and have never broken up! I'm sure we have our annoying couple bickering moments (and I'm sure you're rolling your eyes going umm YES you do), but I couldn't picture a more perfect person for me to get in annoying arguments with.

Tonight we're laying low, saving our energy for the long weekend. Tomorrow we are finishing up some things around the apartment and are meeting Lisa (Warren) Bomar and her hubby Dustin for dinner. For the non-AXO's, she's one of our sorority sisters from college who lives about 10 minutes from us. She's going to be my DC Bachelor watching buddy on Monday nights :) She's an awesome girl, so I'm glad to have an old friend live so close.

Sunday, I'm not sure what we're doing actually. But Monday we are going to head to the Lincoln Memorial to pay tribute to MLK. Incase you've had a temporary brain fart, that's the site where he made the famous "I have a dream" speech. It still blows my mind that we are close enough to experience these things! Every morning I wake up, the DC skyline is the first thing I see. On may way to work, I stare at the Jefferson and Washington monuments from the window of the metro. And I get off the shuttle at the Pentagon. I never thought I would have said that! Ever! Either way, I'm excited to get to share the experiences with you all through my sometimes long winded blog ;)

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment