Zeke, Mattie, and Jamie played a successful 18 holes yesterday. They also successfully finished 3 12-packs of beer, 2 large pizzas, and one can of Pringles. Hence: the title of my post. Now, normal golf in its self isn't THAT great of a workout, but there is some walking involved and you move around a lot. In virtual golf, on the other hand, the only walking you do is 4 feet from the leather chair to the Tee Box.
This is my favorite pic of the day. Back story- when we moved from Houston, we were so tired of packing useless crap that we really don't have a place for, so we went on a rampage and just started throwing things away. In our haste, we managed to throw away every single ice chest we own, as Zeke discovered yesterday morning! Luckily, my wonderful Matron of Honor (Tara) gave me an adorable insulated bag with a cute note attached about Zeke and I using it for a picnic in DC once the weather gets warmer. Thanks Tara! Little did she know, it would save the day for Zeke's Virtual Golf Man Day.
 |
| If that doesn't scream masculine, I don't know what does! |
When the game started, I was downstairs in the gym as well, but I was running on the treadmill. (Luckily my apple cider hangover went away after a hearty bowl of oatmeal and lots of water). After my workout, I went up to the apartment to cool off. About an hour later, I returned to find this:
 |
| 2 empty large pizza boxes, 2 empty 12 packs |
 |
| Wait, where did these cans come from? Ok, 3 empty 12 packs |
 |
| Zeke lost the front 9, so I caught the tail end of him chugging a beer. |
They were all hammered, and I was thoroughly entertained. I did get some pics of them actually golfing...
 |
| Zeke |
 |
| Mattie |
 |
| Jamie needing a weed eater |
Finally, the game ended around 8:00. Zeke unfortunately lost, he owes the guys lunch next week. We cleaned up and the drunken golfers all went their separate ways. Right when we got back up to the apartment, Zeke passed out on the couch. I'm sure he feels great today, he got a solid 13 hours of sleep!
While he was sleeping, I watched the Hangover for the 3rd time this week (never gets old) and did some wedding planning/online shopping. I ordered some earrings that match my belt & shoes from Amazon.com using my nifty $10 for $20 voucher I scored from LivingSocial this week! Here's a pic...
 |
| Earrings for Ceremony |
I'm excited, I hope they look good! Last week alone, we booked our cake tasting/design, booked my hair appointment for Bridal Portraits in Austin, set up our final consultation with the Terrace Club, and found a calligrapher for the invitations. We still have several things to cross off the list though. 76 days away!
Today we don't have any plans. I'm going to attempt to hang some decorations around the apartment and make if feel a little more like home. It's a work in progress, I'll post some pics if I actually get anything done. I'm also going to continue with the workout streak and head to the gym. I'm shooting for 4 miles today & am going to do this awesome arm workout that my friend Janice gave me. Her sister was a cheerleader at Notre Dame and it's the workout they used. Hopefully 2 1/2 months is enough time to sculpt these guns!
Happy Sunday!
Those earrings are so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteI got lucky--my SIL's mom offered to hand bead earrings and a necklace to match the beadwork on my dress :o)
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Jewelry is 1/2 the battle! Yours was beautiful, you lucked out :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I keep trying to find another outfit to wear them with... no luck yet.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the earrings!!! :) xo Lisa
ReplyDeleteLove the earrings. so pretty :)
ReplyDelete