Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thundersnow

Yes, it's a real term! And according to our research team at LivingSocial, it is one of the top trending terms on Twitter this afternoon because that's what's hitting Virginia right now. I'm writing you humbly from the metro shuttle van, wet feet and wet hair. I got a dose of reality today... I am a Houstonian and there's no hiding it. I "heard" it was going to snow... Yet I still decided to wear my black stiletto boots & head wrap. Well, I'm an idiot.

I nearly broke my neck the entire walk from my office to the metro... Slipping and sliding all over the brick sidewalks. One homeless looking guy goes "nice boots" as he sped by me in his rubber snow shoes.




I made it to the shuttle, accident-free. But traffic is horrible!

We are at a dead stop, and it doesn't look good. We just got stuck on the entrance ramp to Columbia Pike (it's kind of like Memorial Drive for Arlington). Our tires were spinning... And we all had to move to the back row of the shuttle. When that didn't help, I suggested that we all bounce up and down. So... We did... And it worked! I'm the hero of the Halstead Aparment Commuter Community! We were all laughing and out of breath. Talk about a resident bonding moment. We have just turned around and we don't know where we are going! We, including the Driver.

Everyone has their cell phones out to Mapquest how to get to the apartment, and we are turning down streets that aren't blocked by stalled cars. And I'm chillin' in the back seat, pretending to look up directions but actually blogging real time updates on my commute. I contributed with the whole "jumping" idea... I'm spent. Plus I'm useless with directions, I just moved here! Definitely the most action packed shuttle ride yet. All I need is my little person friend and this would be a day for the history books! I'm just glad I don't have to pee.


Here's a pic of me being useless in the back seat. Check out the line of headlights though... We can't find a traffic free street!

 Going on one hour in the shuttle... send good thoughts my way.

1 comment:

  1. You would think of bouncing up and down!! I love it!! I laughed out loud reading and thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete