Friday, January 21, 2011

No Fail Friday- Huge Success!

Besides my phone geeking out this morning and posting multiple drafts of my blog, I'm glad to report that Friday rocked! Why? Well for starters, I closed my first deal today!!!! YaAaayYyyyaaaaayyyyyyy! I'm really excited. Its with Hegel Yoga in Tempe, AZ (close to ASU campus) and is $25 for 10 Yoga Classes. The classes can be used over a 6 month period. If they had a deal like that in DC, I'd buy it! I'm hoping it "whales" :) And I have 4 contracts out and am sending 2 more next week. Things are going well. We had a team building lunch at a place around the corner called "Proof". It was a swanky place that kind of reminded me of Max's Wine Dive... Food was delicious! I sat at a 4 person table with a few other inside sales reps. I discovered that Lisa (who I share a desk with) is from a town called Sandwich, Illinois. They have 1 stoplight. Sarah sits a few cubes down, and her dad is from Kilgore! And Nancy, who is one of our top grossing reps, has an amazing story about her first debit card. She opened her first bank acct with BofA in college. She was so excited to get her first debit card in the mail because it had her picture on it. Instead... This is the picture they sent her.





That doesn't look like Nancy Wong?? Haha. After lunch, we took a trip to Red Velvet Cupcake by the Smithsonian for some hot chocolate & sweets. It's a DC Staple, so I was stoked to try it!








I got the Red Velvet Cupcake... Why would you not?! Cream cheese icing & sprinkles. Mmmmmmm. I would have given two thumbs up, but the other hand was taking the picture. Duh. Later, I had this note passed to my desk...


How can you say no to that??!! Apparently no one could, because this strategic girl scout probably sold 200 boxes of cookies. It's our VP of Sales' daughter, too, so no pressure or anything ;) I'm on the shuttle headed home now. Oh- and I only have one glove on. Pulling a Michael Jackson because somehow my glove fell out of my pocket on my walk from the Metro to the office. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Love, Kate the deal closer!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog, Kate. Glad you are settling in to DC. I love Proof and am glad you do too! In fact...John's law firm offices are in the same building. Maybe we can meet there when we are in DC? Hope to see you two soon!

    Visit us at www.thearnolds.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the deal today!! You should have gchatted me & hit the gong! :) maybe monday, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ** Correction: Nancy's name is spelled Huang... I just always hear her say "Wong" so I spell it that way. Doesn't change the fact that her debit card is ridiculous and she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete