Saturday, January 29, 2011

My day with the Brittany's

Despite the snowstorm drama, my week was a success. I ended up closing 3 more deals, bringing my monthly total to 4! I was in the mood to celebrate, so I left work at 530, hopped on the metro, then took my trusty shuttle ride home. Since the shuttle has been a topic of several of my stories, I thought I'd give you a visual!
My dope ride
I got to the apartment and was waiting on Zeke to come when I remembered that I needed to call Brittany Winter back! When she answered I could hear that she was at a bar, apparently she had been at HH since about noon... HA. As soon as she said "I miss you", for some reason I just started sobbing. I wasn't in a bad mood or sad or anything, I just realized how much I miss all of my girls. On my way home I was thinking how nice it would be to head up for Porch Swing Pub or The Tasing Room for some drinks with my besties to celebrate. But I can't do that :( So Brittany was crying on the phone outside of the bar, and I was crying in my living room about how much we missed each other. We were a sad sight! It was so good to talk to her though, she's one of the best friends a person can ask for. I've been lucky this week and have had some good talk time with a few of the girls... I can't wait for my bachelorette party in New Orleans when we are all together again!

After I got off the phone and composed myself, Zeke came home and we headed down to P Brennans (the irish pub in our building) to watch this filipino guy Eddie Pasa play acoustic guitar. He's really good, we saw him last month, too. He plays everything from Led Zepplin to I'm On A Boat. A few of Zeke's co-workers came to meet us, and one guy brought his girlfriend. Turns out, her name is Brittany too!

Brittany and I hit it off immediately. They will be in the Bahamas with us for the company trip next month, so I'm excited to have a buddy :) She's a runner and has some great trails around the National Mall, so we are going to have running dates once the weather gets above freezing. She bought me a "welcome to DC shot"... a Washington Apple! That shot started the downward spiral. I'm not sure what got in to us, but we were on a mission to get hammered apparently. 5 shots, numerous beers, and a few drunken hugs later, we decided we were new best friends. I told her all about my 2 other best friends that were both named Brittany, and that I was crying earlier because I missed my friends, she told me about her best friends who moved away too, and I'm sure we exchanged life stories. Here's a pic of us about 1/2 way into our mission:
NSFP
Interestingly enough... the picture above lead to the picture below.
Mission Accomplished
The walk home consisted of my crying again (not sure what it was about though), and then I fell in the bathtub. Zeke thought it was just hilarious. He even has a video of me trying to unlock the apartment door... it took me about 30 seconds to find the key hole. Pretty sure I threw up on my foot, too. But I wasn't really sick, I think falling in the bathtub made me dizzy. I'm not sure when I'll outgrow my occasional binge drinking tendencies, but it has slowed way down the older I get. Then again, I didn't get the nickname KMFJ for nothing... I have to live up to expectations! And, sometimes it's just fun to get ridiculously hammered, quite frankly. 

Today, I wasn't feeling that hot. I had a hair appointment at 1:00 and used my LivingSocial voucher for a Haircut, Gloss Treatment, and Style for $49 at this cute salon in Old Town Alexandria, Salon Amarti. I will definitely be a repeat customer, I had a great experience! The owner is from Morocco and is a nice guy. They were really busy and he ordered pizza for everyone! They will get a good review on Yelp, for sure. Old Town is adorable, too. It reminds me of Fredericksburg... they have tons of shops and cafes. This is the salon-
Salon Amarti
We are taking it easy tonight... meeting Nick & Janice for dinner and might go see a movie. We have our first appointment with our personal trainer tomorrow! I don't think I've mentioned that yet... we decided we needed someone to kick our butts into shape. That wasn't exactly on the "ways to save money" list, but it's a justifiable expense. We joined the new gym that just opened in our building, and they had a deal for 1/2 off training packages, so we went for it. I'm still planning on keeping up with the Notre Dame Cheer workout, though. My arms finally quit hurting around Thursday... it definitely works.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! 

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to come watch Eddie Pasa with you sometime~!!! xo Lis

    ReplyDelete