Sunday, February 27, 2011

From Bahama Mamas to Big Pimpin', and everything in between

Well folks, we made it back from the Bahamas in one piece. I was ready to come home though. 4 days of pool side drinking, 4 nights of casinos & nightclubs... we can't do it like we used to. And we were some of the more "tame" people on the trip... some of our friends were escorted back to their rooms in wheelchairs by security because they passed out at the Casino. Since this was Zeke's first time to make the Founder's Club trip, I didn't want pull a KMFJ and have him banned from future events. Your little girl is growing up :)

We hopped on a 7:00 am flight Wednesday morning, had quick layover in Ft. Lauderdale, then finally arrived in Nassau around noon.

It's perfectly acceptable to drink Crown Royal before noon... if you're on an airplane.

Rum Punch stand! I wish the US did this.
After the scariest 45 minute shuttle ride from the airport to the Atlantis, we made it alive, with our bags. Some of his co-workers weren't as fortunate... their bags were misplaced and they had to spend $250 on an outfit from the Tommy Bahama store. Ha.
View from our hotel room
The first night was the welcoming reception at the pool, then we made our way to Mesa Grill to sample Bobby Flay's cooking first hand. If you know me, you know I've been waiting for this for a long time!! It was everything I hoped for...


You can't see it here, but Mr. Flay is VERY proud of this food. I've also cooked most of the dishes on this menu.
Open kitchen
My meal- spice rubbed filet and sweet potato tamale hiding in the back. To DIE for!!
Zeke tried the Sixteen Spice chicken. Delicious as well.
The next few days were spent by the pool soaking up the sun, at the beach, and sleeping off casino and club hangovers. Saturday morning I got up early and pampered myself at the spa :) I got a Ginger Lime body polish and back massage and was in heaven! Once Zeke slept off his vodka-pineapple coma, we ventured down to "The Cove", the posh adult-only part of the resort.

I'm so mad we didn't go to this part of the resort until our last day, it's a totally different experience than the Towers. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place, but it's much more appropriate for families with small kids. They were EVERYWHERE, and right when you would start to relax, some screaming kid would do a cannonball or bump your chair. So you can imagine our excitement when we found this deserted, quiet, relaxing part of the island.
Late nights lead to Corona bottles being replaced with Gatorade.
Not a kid in sight. All smiles. 

Finally- a nap on the beach!
Soon to be :)
Last but not least, after dinner on Saturday we headed to the casino to gamble for a bit. I hadn't hit the tables all week and was itching to play some Craps. My first roll, I hit two 7's in a row! The dice gods were in my favor, and I left the table up $220! I should have stayed and played more, but something inside my head won't let me gamble after I've doubled my money.

All of the sudden, Zeke ran up, grabbed my hand, and said "Come with me right now!" He pulled me over to the black jack tables, and Jay Z and Beyonce were sitting there playing cards! I tried to get a picture but the casino security wasn't letting anyone. We also contemplated sitting down at the table to play with them, but they were at the $1500 minimum bet table... a far cry from my $15 minimum bet craps games. But Beyonce looked beautiful (and very blonde) and Jay Z was rockin' a mini-fro and some blingin' shades. I tried to convince Zeke to hold up the "HOVA" hand sign with me but he did think that was a good idea. None the less, it was a pretty cool way to end the trip!

Overall, we had a blast. If anyone is considering the Bahamas and you have children, GREAT place to go. There are water slides, kiddie pools, two awesome aquariums, tons of activities to keep them occupied. If you are aiming for a relaxing adult-only getaway, do not stay at the Royal Towers... spend the extra $$ and either stay at "The Cove" or go to a different resort.

This made me so anxious for the honeymoon... that Butler will sure come in handy :) Six weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment