Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day :)

Ever since I can remember, Valentine's Day has always been my favorite holiday. I love love. I also love getting presents :) I enjoy giving just as much as receiving, and I think it's always fun to buy things that make people smile.

When I think back on my all time favorite memory of Zeke, the first thing that pops in my mind is our first Valentine's Day. It was February 14th, 2007. Only a month into the relationship, we were doing long distance from Houston to Dallas, and I wasn't sure what to expect from him other than some flowers and a card (pretty standard stuff). 3:00 rolls around, and the office is covered in pink roses... except for my desk. Everyone was giving me a hard time about it, and I was starting to get worried that the man didn't have a romantic bone in his body. Shortly after, I got a call from the receptionist that I had a delivery at the front. I hung up and said "See, he's not worthless!" I walked into the lobby and there were my beautiful flowers- accompanied by my handsome new boyfriend! He booked a surprise flight from Dallas to Houston, cooked me avocado enchiladas from the Abulelo's mexican food recipe (my all time favorite dish), and even brought the actual sauce from Abuelo's as the topping because that recipe is secret. He carried in on the plane in a little tupperware dish. Talk about setting the bar high!

Throughout the past 4 years, he never ceases to amaze me! Wether it's V-Day, Christmas, B-Day, Anniversary, I know that he will always have something thoughtful and crafty up his sleeve, so I gave up trying to out-do him and just try to give him something he will appreciate.

Today was no exception...
6:45 am Breakfast in bed!

Card waiting for me by the sink. 

Post-work gift exchange: My new awesome Laptop Case!
Zeke's gift- A Tribe Called Quest shirt and a Washington Capitols shirt (not pictured).
He took a liking to the laptop case, thought it complemented his skin tone.
We opted to skip the crowds and are cooking our favorite dinner: Seared Scallops with lemon zest italian breadcrumb toppings and steamed asparagus. We also got a nice bottle of wine & chocolate covered strawberries. Speaking of- just heard the bottle pop! Gotta run!

Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day from DC <3

No comments:

Post a Comment