Saturday, February 5, 2011

Flip Cup Fridays

This is a two-post kind of day. It's nasty outside, Zeke's at the office finishing up some big presentation for work, and I'm trying to avoid doing housework. Friday was a cool/eventful day, wanted to share.

I had my 2nd session with Dan the Man at 11:00 this morning. Pretty sure I thought I was going to die.... but I pushed through and actually had a great workout! And here is a photographic progression of why the reason I felt so bad this morning:
Just another day in the office... Closing deals with my new buddy.
4:00 pm champagne toast 
4:30 Flip cup
5:30
6:30


9:30
I thought his mustache was fake so I tried to pull it off.

It's real.
Yes, my friends, that's champagne toasts and flip cup at work. And a real china-man. I know I say this a million times a week, and everyone knows it and probably gets annoying, but I absolutely love my job.

Every Friday, we have an "all hands" meeting where we go to the main office and our CEO gives updates on market share progress (we're gaining on Groupon big time!), hiring, recognizes the top deals & performers of the week, and shares any other news. Yesterday was a great day for us- they rolled out the new brand/marketing campaign to everyone and showed us the Superbowl commercial that is airing Sunday in the 6:15-6:20 time slot. It's hilarious! I can't reveal any details though, you'll have to wait and see :)

After the meeting, they had sausage, cheese, and PBR for everyone in the kitchen in honor of the Superbowl and served champagne to celebrate the new brand. Then- we walked back to the Inside Sales office around the corner, and they had arranged a surprise game of flip cup as an icebreaker! Our Inside Sales team has grown from 15 to 50 in the last month, so there are a ton of new faces. They stocked our new fridge full of beer and we got down to business.

Flip cup lead to Happy hour at Red Line in Penn Quarter, which lead to pictures with the China-man, which lead to dancing and drinks at Spider Kelly's in Clarendon, which lead to beers at P Brennan's, which is why I don't feel good today. But we had a blast last night :)

I'm petitioning to make Flip Cup Fridays a regular occurrence at the office, we'll see how that pans out.

Also, if you want to see who sets up the deals in your city for LivingSocial, click here! We did a "class picture day" for the Inside Sales Team and are going to post them around the office. Here are a few of my faves:
The Team (in the new office)

My boss (in the back) & the Head of HR (riding the deer)

The nerdily happy employee

That's all for today, I really do need to do some stuff around the house. Have a great weekend and don't forget to watch for our commercial right before the Supwebowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment