Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 months and counting!

Well, folks... nothing much has been going on these past few days. I've actually had a pretty crappy week to tell you the truth. Until today, that is :) "It" has finally sunk in. We are getting married in exactly TWO MONTHS! It's funny how our wedding has always seemed like this fun, far-off concept that we are planning, but it hasn't really felt... well... real until now. I've always been excited, but now I'm really giddy and find myself daydreaming about it constantly.

And to make it even better, when I got home I had a package waiting for me. Tara, my wonderful Matron of Honor, sends me little gifts on the 9th of every month along with a cute note about the wedding. For my 6th month, she gave me a gift card for a Manicure and Shellac Polish so I could get my nails did for the engagement party. The 5th month, all of my bridesmaids chipped in to buy the the most beautiful belt I have ever seen to go with my wedding dress! The 4th month, she gave me the adorable ice chest featured here. The 3rd month, we had some technical difficulties with the delivery of my package, so it was returned to Tara. So this month... I got two presents!
An adorable bookmark to use for my daily reading on the Metro.

A sassy clutch for nights we "get wild" in DC 
I swear she read my mind. First, I needed a bookmark SO bad! I was using one of our Save-The-Date postcards (because that's all I could find that resembled a bookmark), but I felt like people on the Metro thought I was weird because I carry around a postcard with pictures of myself on it. I mean.... it is kind of weird when you think about it. Anyways, I resorted to folding pages.

Second, I follow The Zoe Report, Rachel Zoe's blog (thanks to Bud & Leo!). I'm not a fashion diva by any stretch of the imagination, I normally don't wear trendy clothes until the style has been out for at least 6 months. I mean... I seriously JUST bought skinny jeans in December. But I like to read about new trends so I'll know what to buy when Forever XXI makes a knock-off that I can afford. Let's be honest, if I stray from my normal black, gray, or white wardrobe, it's a wonder. Anyhow, The Zoe Report's post today was on animal print accessories and how in style they are!

So- thank you Tara for keeping my book pages marked, making me look fly, and for helping my 2 month wedding countdown day be that much more special!

Thinking back on the whole engagement, I'm very fortunate to say that I've had a very stress-free wedding planning experience. I'm getting married at the place of my dreams thanks to my wonderful fiance who secretly had the venue booked before he even proposed! Honest truth, I didn't have any stress or headache until yesterday... and it was about calligraphy. I never, ever, in a million years, thought I would spend 2 hours of a night talking about addresses on envelopes. And I never, ever, in a million years want to deal with it again!

Fingers crossed that I maintain my sanity, have no more headaches about freaking names on freaking envelopes, and I hope can enjoy these last two months of reading wedding magazines for a reason.

HH is tomorrow night, so my next post will be Saturday most likely. We have appointments with Dan the Man on Friday night, and he's taking measurements to gauge our weight loss/toning progress. We'll see how that goes!

Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment