Last night was just flat out awesome! If LivingSocial knows one thing, It's how to throw a party.
We had drinks at Red Line around the corner from the office while we waited for our dates. We headed to the event around 6:45, and when we arrived at Lincoln Theatre, we were swarmed by "paparazzi" outside. We followed a long red carpet around the building were there was huge white wedding tent decorated with balloons and cocktail tables. Waiters in tuxes were passing around wine & Mint Juleps, and there were several open bars set up. They hired a DJ, had tables of gourmet finger food... It was the real deal! At 8:30, they shut down the open bar so we would all go inside for the award presentation. I was able to snap a few pics...
![]() |
| List of nominees |
![]() |
| Opening dance routine to "Boom" by BEP's |
| Something I never thought I'd see: Our corporate attorney dressed in drag. It was a parody on our Superbowl Commercial. |
I woke up on the couch, very confused. There was an empty hot pocket wrapper laying on the ottoman, and Zeke was on the other end of the couch still fully dressed in his tux... tie, vest, and all. I scrambled into the shower but didn't wash my hair, thew on some clothes and a headband, and ran out the door to catch the shuttle to the metro. I accidentally left my makeup at work, so I had to go "au natural". I didn't think it would be a big deal.
But OF COURSE- just my luck, today was the worst day to come in looking like doo doo. Around 4:00, I heard a bunch of commotion and excitement around the office. Turns out, our HR director Chris is being featured on House Hunters (one of my FAVORITE shows ever!) and the HGTV camera crews were in our office to film him "at work". We all had to sign waivers, then they gave us a run down on what they wanted us to do. They took some shots of him walking through the office, "casually" stopping by random desks to talk to people. They filmed some close ups of my group talking! I hope they don't include sound, because we were actually talking about friends we have in common on Facebook. Not really work-appropriate, but whatever. So- keep your eye out for my big film debut this July on HGTV! Here's the crew in action...
Tonight, Zeke and I are meeting up with one of my old Aerotek peeps, Garwin. He's in town for a recruiting event, so we are going to take him to a few bars in Clarendon. I'm struggling, but I feel better than I did this morning, so I have to soldier up and show my buddy a good time.
Here's to round two...


No comments:
Post a Comment