Every Sunday, we receive an email from a wonderful LivingSocialite telling us about the cool inner-company events planned for the week. It usually consists of a group exercise class, something artsy, a happy hour, and a charity event. I usually partake in the happy hours {duh} and one time I tried CrossFit {and couldn't walk up the stairs for 2 days}.
This week's email made me exceptionally happy!
Not only did I discover that Monday kicked off DC Beer Week, but we had a special tasting arranged just for our work peeps with one of my favorite local brewers, Flying Dog.
About 30 LS people headed to Bread & Brew in Dupont to
| "How to make beer" road map. |
| Mississauga Love (you wouldn't understand) |
| Tasting flight... Cheers! |
| Our brewmaster and host for the evening |
Beer fact #1- It's impossible for canned beer to "skunk" because sunlight can't penetrate aluminum
Beer fact #2- Any beer in clear bottles will "skunk" after 1 minute of direct sunlight. ONE minute!! {aka keep the Conora bottles covered when you're at the beach}
Beer fact #3- Miller Lite boasts "triple hops brewed" like it's special, when in fact, ALL beer manufacturers triple brew their hops at least three times. Most of Miller Lite's slogans are all marketing ploys {no shocker there} that are meaningless.
Beer fact #4- Budweiser has a $1 Billon brewery and is the only brand that's mastered the art of mass producing millions of batches of beer with the exact same taste on a daily basis.
Beer fact #5- Drinking any Lite beer is just as hydrating as water because of the high water content. True Story. {So technically, it's socially acceptable to drink beer before noon to re-hydrate ;)}
In honor of DC beer week, I challenge you to break out of your normal Miller Lite, Blue Moon, or Shiner beer selection and try something new. My favorite from the tasting last night was Flying Dog "Raging B*tch" {catchy name, eh?}. It 's a 8.5% Pale Ale with grapefruit and pear flavors... can't beat that.
Happy tasting!

I love this post! Thanks for the tidbits :) And I need to check out what else is going on for DC Beer week while my in-laws are here!
ReplyDelete