Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to the drawing boards...

My Sunday started out with a 10:30 am Mixed Level yoga class at my new studio. While this was only my second class {of the 3 class pass intro package}, I definitely know I want to become a full time student.

To say I've "practiced yoga" is a stretch, but I'm a strong beginner. I definitely need to work on my form and breathing technique. What I love about this studio is the teachers- they start every class with either a reading or a "mantra" for us to keep in mind to help us push through the tough positions. They also walk around and help you get into form correctly- I think I've learned more in these two classes than all of my previous experiences combined. After an 1 hour and 15 minutes of "swimming upriver" to push myself out of my comfort zone {one of our mantras, still not sure what it means}, I left feeling great!

I headed to the Farmer's Market to pick up fresh groceries for the week...

Aside from the usuals, I got a few fun new items that I'm excited to cook with:
- Eggplant {eggplant parmesan maybe?}
- Lamb chops {they suggested salt/pepper, olive oil, and rosemary in the broiler}
- Yellow zucchini {yes, it's different than squash}
- Doughnut peaches {no clue, they were delicious so I bought them}

Tonight, I'm cooking our favorite sausage/onion/pepper/tomato dish and am going back to square one to look up some fun recipes for my 4 items. Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment