Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lambchop: It's what's for dinner

How was your dinner tonight? If you thought "Ehhh it was ok"... I might have a solution.

I got home a little later than expected but was on a mission to cook some of the the goodies I picked up at the farmer's market on Sunday. I opened the fridge, and what was staring at me? Lamb chops!

Not to be confused with...

I wasn't really sure what to actually do with the lamb chops, so I thought back to my convo with the lady at the Smith Farms booth, and she suggested seasoning with salt, pepper, olive oil, and rosemary. I added a few dashes of Worchesterchire sauce {my fave} for some extra flavor. 
I heated the grill pan over medium high and seared the chops for 5 minutes on one side, flipped them, then turned the heat to low and cooked for 7 minutes. 

Meanwhile, I boiled some diced new potatoes, smashed them, and added butter, 1/4 cup skim milk, fresh basil, thyme, rosemary, and a squirt of lemon juice. 

I let the chops rest for 3-4 minutes with the hottest side up, put a dollop of butter and squirt of lemon juice on the top, and served with a slice of lemon for garnish. 
We weren't sure what to expect, but they turned out amazing!! The seasoning on the lamb made a rich flavorful crust, and the inside was really juicy and tender. The butter and lemon added a smooth and sharp bite to both the potatoes and the chops, and fresh basil dresses up just about anything.

The best part- the whole meal took 20 minutes start to finish. Can't beat that! So if you're looking for a quick new dish to break the monotony of chicken, fish, or steak... lamb is a great alternative to try.

If you have any other recipes for our new favorite meat, please do share :)

Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I am ready for you to come cook up a few delicious meals for us. :)

    ReplyDelete