Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paleo Diet: Day 2 & DC Running Date


Today was a little rough. For breakfast I had a Paleo brownie that my co-worker baked- delish! I didn't get to eat lunch until about 1:30, and I ate my leftover 1/8 of the leftover from chicken yesterday and 1/2 of a Chopped salad with hearts of palm, tomatoes, avocado, and lime vinaigrette. I had 2 hand fulls of almonds as a snack around 4:30.

Around 2:00, the Diet Coke Craving hit hard, but I pushed through and drank a sparkling water instead. I got home at 7, changed, and had time to scarf some beef jerky and one boiled egg before Brittany came to pick me up. We had our first running date tonight :)

We did a 3 mile loop- from looking at this map I think we ran from Roosevelt Island across the Memorial Bridge to the National Mall, past the Georgetown Water Front, and then back across the Roosevelt Bridge back to the car. And by "did a loop", I mean I trailed behind and made her wait on me while I dry heaved on the path and tried to keep from passing out. I think it was a mixture of no carbs, the heat & humidity, and fact that I'm still pretty out of shape cardio-wise. A good run for me is 3 miles in 30 minutes without stopping... my new goal is to train to be able to keep up with her!
The highlights from the run:
- I tripped on a curb about 3 minutes into the run, skid across the pavement, and got road rash that's the size of a quarter on my right hand and a little tiny one on my left hand. It bled most of the run, but I wiped it on my black pants and kept going. I was already a slow runner which I'm sure was annoying, so I didn't want to be a total baby and quit. I had to shower with rubber gloves on and can't make a fist with my right hand. I put a gauze on it with neosporin so I'll get a good night's sleep.
Yep, just another day in the life of KMFJS
- I saw lightning bugs for the first time EVER!
- I was opening my mouth going "woooooah look at the lightning bugs!" when a one flew right to the back of my throat. The sad thing is I was so hungry I thought to myself "hmm... protein?!" 

I came home and Mr. Smith had a nice hearty Paleo-friendly meal waiting for me :)  
Gone in 60 seconds
I'm anxious to see how tomorrow goes and to see if I get any weird cravings. Cheers to day three!


1 comment:

  1. Good job!!! 2 down and only 28 more to go!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete