One of them I already shared on Facebook, but I'll re-share just incase you missed it.
http://goglamping.net/location/americas/usa/
Growing up, my mom always said (semi jokingly), "Camping?! My idea of camping is staying at a Holiday Inn". Well this apple didn't fall far from that tree. Granted, my mom also worked in the travel industry so we took some pretty posh vacays for next to nothing- but as a teenager you don't understand that!
I've been camping twice in my life. The first time was girl scout camp circa 1991, and I was completely freaked out because the showers were infested with daddy long legs. I also sat on a dead hornet at the swimming pool and was bit by a horsefly on my forehead during arts and crafts time. I quit girl scouts immediately and public showers still give me anxiety attacks.
The second time was in college. I think it was Sophomore year... I went with my boyfriend to Palo Duro Canyon for "getaway". We bought a $30something dollar tent at walmart, grabbed a box of Franzia (only the finest for this lady), and drove out to Amarillo. We got there just before sunset and were more concerned with gathering enough firewood for the night that we didn't think about setting up the tent. Well... we didn't plan that very well... it got dark in about 2.5 seconds and we had no tent to camp in with and enough firewood for about 2 hours. We thought- DUH- we can use the headlights to build then tent.
Bad idea.
As soon as we turned the headlights on, it felt as if every insect in the canyon was flocking towards our campsite. Needless to say, that was NOT a relaxing getaway, me and insects do NOT get a long, thank goodness for boxed wine, and that was the last time I went camping.
But this, on the other hand, is a concept I can entertain...
The second site I discovered wasn't near as sexy and classy, but it would make one hell of a white elephant gift. (DIBBS)
http://happyhotdogman.com/
Watch the infomercial on the website, you'll be glad you did.
This is right up there with...
![]() |
| Tinkles the Toilet Cat |
![]() |
| The privacy Scarf |
To my family- 1. This IS my gift for the exchange, no copy cats. 2. I propose we have a Happy Hot Dog Man decorating competition + Nog Off. We might need to host 2 rounds of the Happy hot Dog contest though- one that's kid friendly, and one for the Nogg drinking, Rockband Playing, Patron shooting bunch.
Moving on-
Tomorrow is a big day- the US Open practice rounds start in Bethesda, MD. To those of you from TX, Maryland is actually only about 20 minutes away from DC. Weird concept- I know. Tomorrow evening, Zeke and I are heading to a pre-tournament event at his COO's house on the Congressional Country Club and Golf course where the Open is held. I need to go pick my outfit- eek! Gotta run.
Hope you have a great night :)






No comments:
Post a Comment