Sunday, June 19, 2011

Is it November yet?

I must admit, I have a new crush. It's on a neighborhood in DC- Capitol Hill. It's like a mixture of Austin (Congress area) and San Francisco. Cute coffee shops, bars, quirky retail stores... I could have spent all afternoon and my entire paycheck in that area. Don't get me wrong... I love our apartment in Arlington now, and the area is great, but I do have the itch to live in the district while we are here. I'm a nerd and took pictures from my car of my favorite street.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up a few listings on Craig's List thing evening to see how it compares to our rent here. Our lease isn't up until November 2011, but it's not always a bad idea to be proactive. Or is it?

I found a few places I'm in love with that are the same price as we pay now! Makes me prematurely excited. This 3br/3ba was my favorite:
LOVE 
Dream kitchen
Living/Dining- love the natural light
Master bedroom windows
And if money grew on trees, I would move in to this 3br/2ba in Logan Circle asap. Two bedrooms have balconies, all designer finishes. For the modest price of $3975/mo, this could be yours, too!
A little paint and a bright rug would do wonders for this room
Master bedroom and hallway 
Living room. Curtains would hopefully leave with the current tenant.
Our furniture found fit right in :)
And since I'm already over budget, this gem is equally as fabulous, in the heart of Capitol Hill, blocks from Eastern Market. For only $225 more than the previous house, it comes fully furnished this summer. Sounds like a bargain to me.



Nighty night folks... off to dream about how I'm going to arrange my furniture in my make-believe DC condo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment