Monday, June 6, 2011

I survived Crossfit!

So this was me earlier today...
Ok, ok. Not so much. But I did survive my first Crossfit experience! One of my co-workers is a certified teacher and hosts a free class at our office once a week. I decided to give it a try since I have several friends who do Cross Fit in Houston and love it.

Today, she did a "modified" class since there were so many first timers. We started out with 50 jumping jacks and 30 pushups as a warmup. For our main workout, we sprinted one lap around our block (400 meters), then came inside the lobby and did 10 handstand pushups using a metal chair, then finished with 25 knee-to-chest jumps. We repeated the cycle 3 times. It took me 11 minutes and 17 seconds to finish, and I can honestly say I've never sweat that much in 11 minutes in my life! We ended with 3 sets of 60 second planks.

I loved the workout- quick, to the point, and it gets the job done! It was also fun supporting each other and occasionally getting yelled at (in a good way). I can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment