Sunday, March 6, 2011

When the cat's away, the mice will play

As expected, I have an entertaining post regarding our "Girls Night Out". Brittany picked me up around 8:00 and we went to her place. I had a few glasses of champagne while I was getting ready, so I was ready to par-tay. Britt's boyfriend Kyle is in Cabo with Zeke, so we couldn't let the boys have all the fun! He called her while we were getting ready, and told us that they broke the record for number of Grey Goose bottles purchased at the club in Cabo. He sent me a picture of their tab.
That's right... 22,635 pesos. Ridiculous.
Well, we knew we weren't going to break any bottle service records... but we had to go all out. We put on our hottest outfits and most padded bras, and hit the town.

We met Brittany's friend Amanda at Carribean Breeze in Ballston for a margarita, then we headed to the new bar/restaurant Dirty Martini in Dupont. My new favorite place! I definitely want to take Zeke there when he gets back in town. Any place that's slogan is "Come clean, leave dirty" is bound to be a good time. Of course I ordered the "Dirty Martini" and it was one of the best I've ever had! Very smooth. Which was a problem, because we ordered two rounds.

After dinner, we went next door to Midtown, a 4 story bar/club. The line was ridiculous, but we thought we were cool, so we walked right up to the VIP line and acted like we were supposed to be there. Thanks to our hot outfits and padded bras... he lifted the velvet rope for us! We felt like hot shots. He also gave us a stamp on our hand that gave us access to the top floor, which is the VIP area, and he made sure to tell us "we are very picky about who has access to the area, so you girls have a good time". We waited until we walked around the corner to squeal like little girls in excitement. That never happens to me... there are definitely perks to going out with pretty blondes ;)

Once we got upstairs, we felt like fish in a shark tank. No wonder he let us up there... it was all dudes! Selective my @ss... we were gullible. Three girls with no guys must be an automatic signal for douchebags to approach, because within 10 minutes we were approached by three different groups of guys. I thought since two of us have engagement rings, they would get the idea that we were taken, but one guy told me he didn't care that I was engaged, if I wanted to have some fun he was all about it. I should have slapped him, but instead I just said "you're a douche" and turned around. I couldn't think of anything else to say. The good thing is we got free drinks/shots. Now don't get me wrong, it's fun to get attention sometimes, but when it's attention from slimy guys it's just annoying.

You can only take so much of that... so we were only there for about 45 minutes and headed to Lucky's to meet my cousin's husband Eric & his school friends again. This is when things start to get hazy. 






Circa 1:30 am
I woke up on Brittany's couch this morning, confused again. I promise I don't do this all the time... only when Zeke's gone on his bachelor party and I'm trying to distract myself. The night was an overall success, and THANK YOU Brittany for showing me a great time! 

This morning, we walked down to Bob and Edith's for some good old fashion hangover food. We ordered strawberry & vanilla milkshakes, and I got the "2, 2, 2" special- 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 sausage links. It was the bomb.


Today, I've been curled up on the couch, having a wedding show marathon. I have to cram in all of the "My Fair Wedding" and "Bridezillas" I can while Zeke's gone. I keep waiting for David Tutera to knock on my door and take over this last month of planning.... but it hasn't happened so far. 

I'm getting so nervous though... I've been crying all day!! Actually, I've been crying all week. I am one of those people who cry at every single wedding I go to. I even cry when I watch the bride walk down the aisle on television. There's something about the moment when the groom sees the bride for the first time... and how excited she always looks... it makes me cry just typing about it!  Call me a sap, but I just think that's so special. So I'm worried that I will be a blubbering mess on my trek down the aisle. 

All week, I've been consumed with wedding details, and it's all I can think about. I was at the gym yesterday, and was listening to my ghetto rap on the treadmill, and I started crying when "This is why I'm hot" came on because I started thinking about everyone being together at the wedding, and how much fun we are going to have dancing, and how much I miss my friends. Who would of thought Mims could bring me to tears??? I'm a mess.

Speaking of weddings, I did some shopping online yesterday and found a veil! Also, thanks to Bud & Leo, I bought some nail polish for the big day. I love that William is marrying a girl named Kate... there are so many fun ideas I can piggy-back off of, this nail polish being one of them :) I though the name was too cute to pass up.


Zeke comes home tomorrow and I can't wait! I haven't seen him since Wednesday morning :( He said they had a blast in Cabo, and I'm glad. Now it's my turn... 11 days until New Orleans!!! EeeeEEEEEeeee!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kate,

    Kyle here. I'm so tired.

    Love,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kyle,

    I'm sure you're exhausted, being a shirtless dancing machine is hard work. Glad you had fun & thanks for showing Zeke a good time.

    Love,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete