Just like the other tastings we've done, we sampled 4 top tier brands while listening to the scotch master himself, Mr. Eoghain Clavin,
| Glenmorangi LaSanta, Macallan 15, Laphroaig, Glenkinchie |
| Map of where the Scotch Whiskey comes from- 4 regions in Scotland |
| Here it goes down, down into my belly... |
| Zeke's Baltimore co-workers who are fond of Scotchy Scotch Scotch came to visit. |
| Cute old man. With 6 inch ears. |
| Dinner menu: Scotch Eggs, Forfar Bridies (Scottish meat pastry), Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll, and apple turnover + bonus scotch for dessert |
| Real bagpiper! |
| Trouble |
| Napkin race- loser buys shots! |
| I was the loser. I paid for these smiles. |
- Scotch tastes a lot like whiskey. Because it IS whiskey.
- 1 ice cube makes a huge difference in the taste.
- Don't drink it like a shot or you will die.
- Glenmorangi is dangerously delicious.
- If someone tells you a scotch tastes "peaty", it means it tastes like your clothes smell after you stand by a campfire. It's actually really bizarre.
- Don't ever, under any circumstances, drink 5 pours of scotch Thursday night. Unless you don't have anything to do on Friday {like work}.
- Making bets are fun until you lose and wake up with a receipt in your purse for 7 Jameson shots that you don't remember.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a quiet Friday night around the Smith casa. I'm about to hit the hay.... Zeke is at the Big Gigantic concert at the 930 club in DC with the boys, and I have to be up at 6:00 am for a 7 mile run with my newly formed running trio. It's supposed to be 55 and sunny tomorrow {thank you baby Jesus}, so I'm excited to enjoy the weather, soak up some gorgeous DC scenery, and pretend that I'm not panicking about the half marathon that's one month from today.
Have a great weekend and happy President's Day!
Laphroaig = Scotch, gently stirred with a stick fresh from the campfire, with a dash of differential fluid from a 1967 Jeep.
ReplyDeleteLynnK