Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pinsan- That's Filipino for Cousin

I have 7 contacts in my phone with the last name Canlas. That's more than my own family. But do you know what gets you? An official invite to the Annual Canlas Cousin Christmas Funday.

So this year, we were really excited when we got invitation. We were a little disappointed we couldn't come to the gift exchange a few nights before, but we know they have to draw the line somewhere ;) We are still on probation. Either way, we went to the Windfern Bowling Alley on 290 to join in on the family fun.

I show up ready to drink some beer and maybe bowl a game or 2. Little did I know, this is a big deal for the Canlas Cousins. We had to draw numbers to find out what team we were on. I drew a 2, which happened to be the girls team, so that worked out! My team was me, Michelle, Gennie (you all know her), CJ (Gennie's sister), and Dina (a new cousin I haven't met before. I really liked her... and DC is her favorite city!) I warned them all that I'm not very good, but they assured me it's ok, they're bad too, and that I better be glad that I'm not on Marks team. "Allegedly", Mark made someone cry last year because they weren't pulling their own weight. But I understand Mark's intensity... after participating in my own family Nog Off, I realized that you aren't just competing, you're fighting for honor.

So right before we bowl, they start naming off the rules for totaling points, that's when and sh*t got serious. Apparently the winning team of these festivities gets bragging rights for the next 12 months. I realized, this is like my family's nog off! So, I put my game face on and got after it. Most of the guy cousins do the fancy technique where you don't even put your fingers in the holes. I've never figured out how people do that! The girl's team, or "Team Fun" as we named ourselves, prefers the "slow and steady, as long as you hit some pins" method.

The first game, I bowled a 44. Crap, I'm never getting invited back.
The second game, I bowled in the 70's... getting a little better!
The third game, I broke 100! I don't even remember the score, I just know I broke 100!
The fouth game, I was a little drunk. I don't know what I bowled.

All in all, the girls actually won a game... way to go "TEAM FUN!" The night was a blast, and we were honored to be the newest addition to the CCCFD. I just made that acronym up... maybe it will stick?

Here are some of my favorite pics. Love you Canlas Pinsans!

 






3 comments:

  1. I cant see the pictures...but i loved the write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't see the pictures as well...CCCFD will stick, just tweeted it. was alot of fun especially the bowl off at the end that closed the night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so weird y'all can't see the pics! Booo! Had a blast with you guys. Miss me some Canlas family.

    ReplyDelete