Monday, December 13, 2010

2011: The Year Of Weddings

So, not only was this weekend amazing, but two more of our friends got engaged! Watch out- it's spreading like wildfire! I have a feeling we will have a few more blings popping up in the near future, as well ;)

So I want to send a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Christa & Reagan Griffith and Soleil & Nathan Watt! Gotta give props to these boys, too... the rings are beautiful. Our men sure do have good taste! And our girls sure do have pretty nails!

Christa's bling-a-ling


















Soleil's Bling-a-ling

And since the brides-to-be are excellent pre-planners, both weddings will be happening in 2011. That takes the wedding count to 5 next year from my friends... and Zeke has 2. So it's actually 7 total. So if you're reading this and are about to be engaged- please... plan it for 2012 so I can go!! Hopefully I'll be able to spread out my vacation time, because I sure would hate to miss any of them. And if you're single and reading this- stay single! There are some prime time match making opportunities coming up!

For the Jerden/Smith Soiree next April, I got 2 big things knocked out for our wedding this weekend... we FINALLY ordered the save-the-dates, and I had my dress pinned/fitted for alterations. I am extremely pleased with how everything turned out... the bustle is gorgeous! I'm even more pleased (and I'm sure my parents are, too) that I went with a corset top, because good lord are alterations expensive! I only had the hem shortened and 8 bustles put in... and it was still enough to buy a Coach Purse. So to you newly engaged girls- go with a corset... trust me.

I finalized MY side of the guest list this morning, and I'm pleased to say my friends and family total was 102. That's not as bad as I thought! You don't even realize how many family members you actually have until you start counting... I have 41 family members to be exact. The hardest part was friends... there are people from college that I still adore but we don't talk as much anymore, and I'm conflicted on who to invite. I had to draw the line somewhere, as will Zeke (but this is a different story for another time), but my top 2 rules were 1) If I don't have your number in my phone, you are not invited to the wedding. But there are some exceptions... as a result of my compulsive job A.D.D., every time I switch companies, my contacts are erased, so I have lost a ton of telephone numbers. So that brings me to my next rule... 2) If you've never met Zeke AND you're number isn't in my phone, you are definitely not invited to the wedding. That seemed to eliminate quite a few. Now, when we have to whittle down Mr. Smith's Guinness Book of Wedding Invitees, that will be a story in its self. I can hardly wait...

So it's really quiet at work, the girl I'm training is actually training her replacement for three afternoons this week, so you guys might get a few "Deep Thoughts By KJ" posts if I'm extremely bored.

I'm rambling now, time to call it a day :) Off to do some online Christmas Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment