Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yay for Tuesday

Here are a few reasons why today rocks:

1. Speaking of rocks, LOOK AT BRITTANY'S! Tonight, I get to celebrate the engagement of one of my very dear friends, the soon-to-be Mrs. Brittany Winter Halbert! Her fiance, Matt, proposed last Friday when they were in Lubbock for parent's weekend. I can't wait to hear all of the gushy details of how he did it! And I also can't wait to go to Lubbock next fall for their TTU football inspired nuptials :) Here's is a pic of Britt's bling bling. Nice job Matt!


2. Jessica left for Peru and Jon and Liz left for Costa Rica today. Have fun and DON'T FORGET MY REFRIGERATOR MAGNET!!!! Can't wait to see every one's pictures.

2. It's kind of a random thing: but I found out that my favorite Bath Junkie store will ship products to me in DC at no extra charge. SCORE! I went to a luncheon downtown this afternoon and just "happened" to be near the store, so I stopped in to use my nifty Groupon ($25 for $50 worth of products). I had to break the news to Mary that I'm moving. Oh... who is Mary you might ask? She's my sales rep who talks me into buying all of this bath crap I don't need  adores me and says I'm her favorite customer. Anyhow, she was sad that I'm leaving because her monthly sales will suffer she will miss my sweet face. So running out of my favorite hand picked scented bath gel and sea salt scrub is one more thing I can cross off the list of "things I'm worried about happening when we move".

3. Speaking of, we are leaving two weeks from today! Holy moly! We booked the movers to come Tuesday, November 23 at 12:30 to load our stuff into the Pod. We are still deciding on how much effort we actually want to put into packing... they offer a packing service for cheap. The only other thing we need to do is, well, book the actual pod that is moving our stuff from Houston to DC. I guess that's kind of important. OH- and we need to find a place to live. Details, details.

Zeke is in DC again this week for work. I'm happy to report that so far, he really likes the new office, his new boss, and all of the people that work in the offices. (Also, his new boss' last name is Raider, so naturally I think I'll like him too. I'm going to have to refrain from getting drunk at happy hour and yelling  "RAIDER POWER") Zeke is off Thursday for Veterans Day, so he's going to go look at a few more places. For those of you that don't know exactly where we are moving, here's a map! We are going to live in Arlington, VA (which is the red highlighted area). It's right across the Potomac from River from the actual District of Colombia. I know to you people from TX, I might as well be explaining the Geography of Bangkok, Thailand. As a point of reference for you Houston peeps, imagine Washington D.C. as Midtown, and Arlington as Upper Kirby. Virginia isn't spread out like Houston, everything is super close. I will update the blog later this week if Zeke finds a place.

4. Our wedding is exactly 5 months from today! I can't believe time has flown by this quickly. Plans are coming along nicely, in case you're wondering :) I pick my dress up on Saturday... kind of nervous! Not because I don't think I'm going to like it, I still love it and haven't seen anything more beautiful. But nervous because I've gained 10 lbs since May. True Story. So hopefully I'm not blogging next week about this insane diet I'm on because my dress didn't fit.

And I spent. It's now approaching 5:00 and I might turn into a pumpkin if I'm here much longer. Again, stay tuned my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment