Welp, our entire lives are on a large 18 wheeler on its way to Arlington, VA! Guess it's too late to change our minds. I will say, however, that we are officially spoiled. We were able to find a moving service that packs, loads, drives our belongings, and unloads it for us in DC for a reasonable price. After having someone pack for you, I think it might be impossible to ever do it the "other" way. You never truly realize how much CRAP you have until you try to move. But it's much easier to cope with the amount of crap you have when someone else is packing it.
Speaking of crap, I also cleaned out my trunk last night! HOLY MOLY! In it, i found:
- a packaged cookie wedding favor from Emily Jackson and Kelly Belcher's wedding in August 2008
- a 12 pack of sunkist
- 3 pairs of shoes
- 4 beach chairs and 2 straw beach mats
- a bridesmaid's dress
- Nikki Fruciano's binder from Recruiter II training at Aerotek, circa late 2007
- A trash bag full of stuffed animals
- tailgate golf
- Mint condition floor mats for the driver and passenger front seats of my car. Looks like a new ride!
- I think that's all
Judging by the amount of stuff I found, I think it's safe to assume that if times ever truly get tough in DC, I can always live in my car. Comfortably.
My hangover from Saturday night is finally gone, what a night! That's a post for sometime later this week. We have some great pics to share with everyone. And the night also confirmed that I have the GREATEST friends in the whole wide world! I love you girls so much. Sunday was like Christmas... I love tearing paper. I can confirm that everyone thinks we are lushes, because we have all of our barware we registered for, the wine opener, and some really nice serving trays! No bathroom or bedding though... we will have to wait till the wedding. I am very excited about the spice rack from Auntie Colette! I don't even know what 1/2 of the spices are, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them. And mom and dad got us some really cool salt and pepper grinders. It's funny the things you get excited about these days.
So, now we are off to finish up running errands before we take off. On our to-do list today is: Zeke go to his office to submit receipts, Kate go to her office to get final paycheck, drop off clothes and belongings at Goodwill, get oil changes, finish laundry, try to meet up with Jess to get my bike and give her the bar stools, take Zeke's DJ stuff to storage, touch up the paint in the house.... then drive to Alabama. Oh- and I have my phone screen with Corporate Executive Board for an Account Executive today at 3:30! Wish me luck!
Will update y'all on the 1406 mile road trip as we make progress. Bon voyage!
No comments:
Post a Comment