
Our empty house

Zeke, his dad, and his brother watching football at Fred & Alma's.

The leftovers of thanksgiving.

I downloaded Hipstamatic and took pictures of everything! This one one of my favorites though, Maggies eyes look cool.

Annual post-meal football game with the cousins. Zeke was the QB & lead his team to a victory! He's so dreamy.

We perfected the Smith team recipe for the 2010 Nogg-Off taking place at my parents house during our family Christmas in a few weeks. This batch was so good that I chugged 4 huge glasses in 15 minutes and gave myself a horrible stomach ache.

Alma (Zeke's aunt) taught me how to make homemade buttermilk biscuits and tomato gravy. It's delicious! A strong breakfast staple in many Southern Kitchens. Between this meal and the egg nog, it's safe to estimate my weekly weight gain total to be around 4 lbs.

Fletcher family recipe.

The finished biscuits. Mmmmm

This picture is significant for a few reasons- 1) this was a small portion of Zeke's uncle Chuck's bar. This is the uncle who played for Auburn. Talk about a PAD... I felt like I was on an episode of Montgomery Housewives! I wish i would have taken more pics, but i didn't want them to catch me and think i was a creeper. 2) this bottle of Makers pictured here contributed to the second shattering of my iPhone screen. Yep... I sipped a little too much sauce, got really excited when auburn won so we were jumping up and down spastically, and my phone fell out of my pocket and shattered. So I'm writing you from yet another spider web looking screen. 3) I'm really obsessed with the hipstamatic app!

Incase you didn't know- Auburn beat Alamaba! This is the one day a year I am a tshirt fan. I figure it's allowed... I have no ties to the Alabama team so I'm not offending anyone. And Auburn is so much fun to watch! Plus I'm REALLY glad they won, because I would have had to deal with a depressed, moping fiancé if they lost. Not sure at what point in the night I took this picture, but it seemed like a good idea.

I took this pic while driving through atlanta. In case you've ever wondered what Atlanta looks like- there it is! I gave a shout out to Ludacris and Big Boi while I rode by.

Hello from Charlotte! I just took this 5 minutes ago. Not sure if the picture does it justice (because my screen is cracked so I can't really see anything anyways). If there's one good thing that has come from Zeke traveling so much for work, it's that he's Gold Status at the Marriott. I've never felt so cool! They upgraded us to a downtown view executive king suite, waived the valet charge, were overly nice and accommodating, and kept calling Zeke "Mr. Smith". I don't know about you, but I get excited about the little things like that. So tomorrow we finish the last leg of the trip. It's about 450 miles to Arlington from here. If there's one thing that this trip has taught me, it's that road trips are over rated... The Wright Brothers were spot-on when they invented airplanes. I can guarantee you that I will not make this drive even again. Until we come back, that is ;) Sweet dreams, will update the blog tomorrow when we get to the apartment! Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment