Friday, November 12, 2010

When will we get too old for this?


TGIMFF! I'm certainly not feeling in tip-top shape today, my liver needs a break. After my post Tuesday, we went to dinner and had a blast! Celebrating engagements is always a good time :) I'm definitely trying to squeeze in as much girl time as possible these days. I'm really realizing that I only have a few weeks left with my favorites. anyhow, here's a pic of the bappy bride... pre-drinks.

 
After we got kicked out of  dinner, we decided to take our party elsewhere. To our disadvantage, we discovered that bars in the Washington/Shepherd area don't stay open past 11:00 on Tuesday nights. WHO DOES THAT? We had to go to 4 different bars to finally find one that stayed open! I'm sure you can imagine the "lectures" that the doormen and bartenders got about how inconvenient their 11:00 closing schedule was to "paying customers". You would THINK that since it was 11:00 on a school night, we would call it quits. But noooooooo... not us! And with a little luck, several u-turns, and using the "around me" app, we were able to locate Cahill's on Durham. Turns out it was right down the street, we just didn't realize it was a bar. Anyhow, after several shots, solving the world's problems, and Tara spending $9.00 on Rod Stewart songs in the jukebox, we called it a night. Here are a few of my favorite pics....

Next week I'll post my pictures from the Fin, Feather, & Fur Cookoff that my company participated in Thursday night. Let's just say I showed up in jeans & flipflips ready to cook at 2:00 pm, and left around 11:00 intoxicated wearing boots, a gypsy scarf, a sparkly alligator hat, and smelled like a BBQ pit. Good times.

I'm headed to pick Zeke up from the airport... he's taking me to dinner tonight to celebrate our 46th monthaversary :) Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment