Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Fall"ing even more in love with DC!

Don't get me wrong, I miss Texas. And by Texas, I mean my family, friends, and real estate prices. But I'm beginning to realize that I'm completely in love with the East Coast- specifically the Fall season! What's not to love??

Blue skies, 57 degrees, beautiful trees... THIS is what November is supposed to be like!

To help celebrate my first official Fall as a VA resident, Brittany and I decided to do Round 2 of Blush and Brush in Georgetown last night. I've wanted to paint the DC skyline, and they had a "Starry DC in Fall"... no brainer! And like always, we had a blast. Enjoyed great wine, caught up on each others latest gossip, and made some fabulous paintings :)
What the painting was SUPPOSED to look like. 
About 1/2 way done
My painting 1/2 way- Getting there!
Forgive the lack of bronzer and bad lighting
My outline of the trees
Britt's 
Taa daa! 
Not bad for a bottle of wine and no painting skills, eh?
This one will actually go on public display!
Unlike the other two. Makes my closet more fun, though ;)
In other news... words can't describe the awesomeness of the Jay Z and Kanye concert last Thursday. They played a 40 song set, and from the time they walked out until the time they left the stage, the entire Verizon Center was on their feet dancing. It was the largest club I've ever been in. And the crowd was fun... everyone was there to have a good time. Definitely one of my top 5 concert experiences {which also includes U2, Coldplay, Incubus, and the Stone Temple Pilots incase you were wondering}.

Here's a little peek into the show- my favorite song from their latest album. And a little disclaimer- that's not me rapping in the background. Swear! I was careful not to capture my mad skills on tape. That was the OTHER drunk white girl in the background.

I hope you're having a great Sunday and making the most of your "extra" hour courtesy of daylight saving's time! Mr. Smith is downstairs watching the Texan's game at the P Brennan's, so I've been Betty Crocker'ing it up. I'm testing out an Apple Dumpling Recipe I found on Pinterest and also prepping to cook one of our favorites- homemade fettucini with fresh sweet italian sausage in marina sauce with onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers {all courtesy of the Farmer's Market}.  If the Dumpling recipe is good I'll be sure let you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment