Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall happenings

I've seriously been slacking on the blogging lately... shame on me. The Fall is always busy with Football Season,  but throw in a few weddings, babies, and visitors... I feel like we've been going 90 mph since August!

I hate doing marathon posts... I feel like I don't get to tell all of the stories behind the pictures, but there's been so much going on that it would take a day just to write {and read} about it! I promise I'll be better and will return back to the short, daily posts when something fun happens. We've had 2 sets of visitors grace us with their presence- Jason and Tommy, and Mama and Papa J. I've also tried new food trucks, cooked some awesome food, attended a pottery painting class {much more cool/fun than it sounds}, tech beat OU {Wreck 'Em!}, saw Bob Schnider in concert in Alexandria, and rocked 80's gear on the metro during rush hour.

A few highlights:

Mattie met the boys!




Met a guy named "Peter Long".
I didn't believe him, so he proved me wrong!
Me and Peter were instant buds.
Finally, friends to watch the Texans game with! 
Orange you glad you came to visit? 
You don't know love until you've eaten a Waffle Sandwich.

El Floridiano- New Top 5 Favorite 
Pork, Onions, Mango Habanero Sauce.
To. Die. For.
With Mama and Papa J at P Brennan's!
Car bomb anyone?
Bar hopping in Clarendon 
 Britt met Mom- Good times!
Courtesy of Emily Belcher- Go Tech! 
Perfect Sunday at the Occidental 


Occupy DC 
This is what you call motivational schizophrenia 



Christa- are you protesting in DC and didn't tell me? ;) 

Ha
Hippies 
Bob acoustic at the Birchmere in Alexandria- kick ass show 
Rockin' my 80's gear for Halloween!
I hate to admit this, but the Keds were so comfortable, I will definitely wear them again.

Zombies
LivingSocial Circus

Yikes!
I'm waiting on Moms & Pops to post their pictures on Facebook and I'll do a full post about their trip. We had SO much fun.... we went bar hopping, Georgetown Shopping, sight seeing, protesting, wining and dining, farmer's market shopping, and cooked a 5* gourmet dinner Sunday complete with lamb chops, home made fettucini alla vodka, and fried okra for a taste of the South. The only part I didn't like was having to hug them goodbye... Always tough :(

This next week will be pretty awesome- Zeke and I have tix to Jay Z and Kanye on Thursday night! Me and Hova go way back... more details on that later.

Oh- and not that it matters really- but we decided to say in our apartment! It really does feel like our home now, and moving is a pain, so we cancelled the transfer and are staying here another year. Our apt has a complementary session with an interior decorator, so we are going to have her come in November and help us figure out what do do with the guest room and get some ideas for a dining table/eating area. Eating on TV trays is getting a little old.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween weekend- stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment