Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lubbock or Leave It

Hi... it's me. Missed you guys! It's been a little cray cray these last 2 weeks. I've taken two trips to Texas, met my niece, been a bridesmaid, worked a lot, and tended to a sick hubby. I'm tired.

I have a lot of pictures to share from our first trip home to meet my sweet Mary Kathryn... but I left my camera in my mother-in-law's car, so I'll have to wait a few weeks to see them :(

But thanks to my handy iPhone, I have some awesome shots from the Lubbock trip last weekend. This was my first time back in 4 years, and it doesn't even look like the same city!!

When I was in college and people would ask me "So, what is Lubbock like?" and I would respond "Flat and brown, and really far from anything. But the bar scene is great!" After my recent trip, I've come to the conclusion that everything has flip flopped. All of the buildings are brand new white fieldstone with spanish tile roofs, there are high end restaurants, top notch grocery stores, and luxury apartments (which my brother lives in and I'm pissed... more on that later), and all of the bars we used to go to completely suck.

I know that new areas/bars have popped up, but I got really depressed when we went to Blue Light on Thursday and we were literally one of the only groups there :( AND... they made us pay $5 cover. Cover?! But I got over it quickly when I found out that "Call-a-cabs" {everclear slushees} were only $6. A blast in a glass.

Which also brings me to my next point- I forgot how cheap everything is!!! $1.50 beers? $3 shots? In that case, Mr. Bartender, give me 5! {I did that on several occasions} I actually got so excited that my tab was so cheap that I kept ordering drinks just because I could. I guess I'm brainwashed from always buying $8 beers in DC. I miss college.

Back to the reason for the weekend....Britt and Matt's wedding. It was so much fun. Friday evening, they got married at First United Methodist Lubbock which was *beautiful* and had their reception at the Watson Building. Saturday, they had a continuation of the wedding festivities with an awesome tailgate before the TTU vs. Nevada game. After tailgate, we went to Rocky LaRue's to watch the game around 6 and left around 2 am. Again... I miss college.

Enjoy {and don't judge me for} the next few pictures.

What's left of my Cricket's Cheese Fries
Ya heard! 
The man, the myth, the legend. Cornelius LIVES! 
Caught up with The Gooch's at the Rehearsal Dinner!
Notice the ankle... the bride's war wound from my trip to Houston the week before.
Let's just say I'm a bad influence :-/ 



Cotton boutonnieres- Cuuuute!

 Post reception photo opp with the streamers....




 Another one of my "$3 shot" rampages. Clearly we all needed one...





 Saturday morning- Rosa's for breakfast!

BFFE <3 
 Tailgate with Mr. and Mrs. Halbert!






Zeke's uncle Ozzie


Dougie'ing with the Teach me how to Doege guy
(TTU's QB- Duh.)
Sunday, I managed to miss my flight and almost got stuck in Tennessee due to a lightning storm. But I made it home at midnight with my luggage, no voice, and a hangover that took me 4 days to shake. 

Awesome wedding, awesome weekend, best friends & family ever.  

If I don't get to post again before this Friday, know that two of Zeke's best friends, Jason and Tommy, are coming to visit through Sunday! Should be another one for the record books. 

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Greatest weekend of our life. Thanks for making it so special. I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete