Saturday, September 10, 2011

Liz Mills is a Salad Spinning Machine

I'm a little behind on the updates... I think I was so exhausted from last weekend {in a good way} that I didn't have the strength.

We left off on Sunday morning before brunch. We had 2:00 reservations at POV, the resraurant on the top floor of the W Hotel, so we pulled outrselves together and tried to put our game faces on for Sunday Funday.
Steak and eggs 

Chillaxin

Friends :)

After brunch, we headed to Georgetown for some shopping, then hung out on the waterfront for a bit.
After a quick afternoon nap, the ladies were primed and ready to show off our culinary skills with a 5 star Sunday dinner. Earlier that morning, Kurt went across the street to the famer's market and bought fresh veggies to make his Bolognese sauce, so he prepped it and put it on the stove that morning. When we came home from brunch/shopping, the apartment smelled delicious! 

The girls made the fresh basil pasta, and Bo made a Caesar dressing from scratch that was amazing! We had so much fun getting everything ready.  Liz was new to the whole "pasta making" experience and decided that it wasn't her thing, but I'll tell you, she has some MAD salad spinning and cheese grating skills!!!





Kneading the dough
Making the caesar dressing
Chopping the bread for croutons

Pasta rolling pro!

Yeah... not so much
Bo {sensei} trying to teach Liz

Noodles are done! 


Finishing touch

We finally had a reason to use the Waterford and Wilton Armentale!
First dinner party = success.

MmmmMMMmmm
We ended the night with a visit from Vinny, Turtle, E, Johnny, and Arie- perfect Sunday!!!

Since Monday was Labor Day, we I slept in while Zeke took Liz and Jon to the airport circa 5:00 am. Kurt and Bo had a later flight, so we had time to run into DC for lunch. Bo wanted to try a lobster roll, so we took them to one of my favorite places, Luke's Lobster. 

Such a great weekend with some of our favorite peeps. See you guys again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment