Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: G Love, Texans, Ball So Hard

Friday the 13th turned out to be pretty fantastic {sans the undergarment issue}. We finally arrived in Baltimore, checked into our hotel, and made our way to the Ram's Head Live to watch the G Love concert. What a great venue! It's a good mix of the Warehouse Live and House of Blues- just the right size for kick ass acoustics and a private show feel. This was my 5th time to see G Love... never gets old. I swear he gets better and better looking each time, too ;) And this was by far my favorite show yet-- HE TOUCHED MY HAND!!! {SwOoN} 



Oh yeah- that's him touching my hand.
We totally had a moment.
After the concert, we met up with some of Zeke's friends that live in Fells Point {in Baltimore} and did what most normal 28 year olds do: drank Cobra 40's until 4:00 am.
Saturday, we hopped on the train at noon to head back to DC. I found some fuel for the road:
We got to the apartment right as Mike, Mark, and Catrina were getting out of the cab. Perfect timing! As usual, we took them to Lost Dog to sample the beer selection.
My new favorite! 


Next, Gennie made it in town, so we got dressed, went to P Brennan's for Car Bombs, and took them bar hopping in Clarendon. Somehow I only snapped one pic... Gennie took some with her camera that I'll have to add.
7:00 am snuck up on us reeeeeeeally quick-- the trip to Baltimore for the game wasn't very fun. 7:00 am cab---> 8:10 train---> 9:00 cab to trailgate.
Poor Gennie 
I love McDonald's wrapper cheese. 
Pretty much how we all felt. 
Once we made it to Baltimore, I think excitement kicked in, and we were ready to get the party started!!
7 liquor rum punch

Sending good vibes to Arian Foster




Trying to stay warm in the 30 degree weather




When Zeke caught me in ski goggles, I think we decided to call it a night. 
Overheard on the train ride home: "Most importantly, let's talk about your white knitted scarf" 
Train announcer left the phone cabinet open. Big mistake around KMFJ.
I picked it up and made sure the entire train knew I "Ball so hard that shit cray".
Luckily this was before the last stop, or it would have been a long walk home.
We had a slight technical difficulty after the train ride... one of our friends somehow got lost between the restroom and the taxi line, hopped into a random cab by himself with a dead cell phone, and spent 2 hours {and $120} on the cab ride home. Never a dull moment with this group.

Thank goodness Monday was a holiday... we were all very slow to get moving. We successfully watched 16 straight hours of movies and TV series including {but not limited to}: Casino, Cocktail, The King's Speech, Man On Fire, The Bachelor, Shameless, Californication, and several other that I can't remember right now.

It's weekends like these that remind you how much you miss your friends and family. We had such a good time and are glad we have crazy impulsive friends that love football just as much as we do :) To Ryan, Mike, Mark, Catrina, Gennie, and Ryan: Thanks again for coming to visit!! You're welcome on our floor any time.

I hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an event packed weekend! I wish I could have heard your announcement on the train! Kelli

    PS I'm obsessed with that song!

    ReplyDelete