Now, don't get me wrong. I had a lot of reasons to be happy.
#1: My little brother Ryan is in town. It's DC restaurant week, so he met me for lunch at a place I've been dying to try- Bobby Van's steakhouse. We had an awesome 3 course meal for a whopping $20 pp.

Shrimp bisque

10 oz filet {Pittsburg style, of course}, fingerling potatoes, and asparagus.

Cheesecake with Raspberry sauce.
It was AH-ma-zing. I wish I could have enjoyed a fat glass of wine with it, too. Unfortunately I had to go back to work after.
#2: 5 years ago today, Zeke took me on our first date :) I still can't believe it's been that long! When I came home from work today, he met me at the door with a long stem pink rose, just like the first time.

Cheesy... but I don't care ;)
#3: We are en route to Baltimore to watch G Love and Special Sauce at the Rams Head Live. I even scored a room at the Hyatt downtown for $75 through the "name your own price" feature on Priceline. It really does work!
#4: We locked up our tickets for the Texans/Ravens game Sunday. With a late addition of Miss Gennie Canlas last night, there are 8 of us going, and we are all sitting together. We figured our chances for getting beat up were much lower if we are all together.
#5: Witnessed the outcome of my brother's first H&M shopping experience.

Euro sizes work a little different, Rybo.

Sounds like a good day, right?
Well it would have been if my bra wouldn't have broken while I was on the elevator after lunch. Ever wanted to ruin a day? Have your front closure plastic clasp break while you're wearing a tight white tshirt on a Friday.
After several failed attempts to safety pin it back together and almost stabbing myself, I found an amazing co-worker who had a sports bra. Who cares if it was hot pink and showed through my shirt-- much better than free boobin'.
Sorry if that's TMI, but it was totally something that would ONLY happen to me.
My next post will hopefully be a glorious tale of victory-- Goooooooooo TEXANS! Have an epic weekend, folks. I know we will.
No comments:
Post a Comment