Monday, December 5, 2011

Catching Up & Christmas Gift Idea: Wine Club!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Let's see... Thanksgiving was great... and hilarious. We had a blast despite one of Zeke's aunts being in a walker from a recent hip replacement, his other Aunt cutting her foot open with the carving knife, and Zeke's mom slipping in the kitchen, doing the full splits, resulting in a rush trip to the ER in Mobile, AL. We felt like we were in a Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn movie. I love his family so much though... we were curled over laughing the whole weekend about how much of a mess we are. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

A few of my favorite pics from the weekend...
Aunt Alma's homemade buttermilk biscuits.
You can get much more Southern n' that.
Classic Alabama Fans
1. Woman came out of store with Marlboro Reds
2. She's sitting in the back of the truck white 3 dudes are in the front
3. Not only is she in the back, but she's sitting on a lawn mower
4. The passenger has a mustache like Luigi from Mario Bros
5. That's not a toolbox in the back... it's an ice chest
6. Token "missing hubcap"
Relaxing with hubby, watching football, post-lunch <3
Bored in the car driving from Mobile, AL to Auburn, AL.
I discovered the "Place my face" app.  
the hubster

Tailgating with Simpson and Zack for the Iron Bowl
Never too early for Wild Turkey {Honey Flavored... dangerously good}
War Eagle! 
Cousins 
Roomies


Awkward "hey will you take a pic of us" pic
Last week flew by. We've both been working a lot and getting home pretty late, so we ordered takeout a 8 days in a row. I think that's some kind of record. And it's not one I want to repeat, because it's expensive and I'm pretty sure I gained approximately 3-5 lbs.

Other than working and ordering takeout... there are really only two other exciting things that I have to report. 

1. If you're looking for a gift for that "person who has everything"... I highly suggest checking out the monthly Wine Club memberships from Wine.com.  They have packages starting at $29.99 a month, and you can pick to send reds, whites, or a combo of 2 bottles each month. I mean.. what's better than surprise bottles of wine delivered to your door?? Being the wino I am, I actually am a member of 2 different clubs. One from Wine.com, and the other is for the cute wine bar across the street from us, Twisted Vines. It helps me break out of the "same 'ole, same 'ole" routine. Just a thought!
December Wine Club Goodies
2.  To help burn off calories from the wine club and takeout food, I'm OFFICIALLY registered the DC Rock'N'Roll Half Marathon on March 17th!
Oh. Crap.
I've had this on my bucket list for quite some time. I was registered for the Aramco Houston Half Marathon this past January, but we moved to DC so I couldn't fly home for it. There is a nice $100 bet on the table with a certain gentleman named Joe Hoelzen that I wasn't able to claim, so as long as I finish under 1:59:54 {his time in the Houston Half}, I'll be $100 richer come March 17th. Get ready, Joe... you know I hate to lose!

Need a gift idea to send Mrs. Smith?? Aside from MORE wine, I could definitely use a new pair of running shoes. Happy shopping :)

3 comments:

  1. Loved meeting you tonight! I am now a new follower of your blog! Can't wait to meet up for a wine night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great meeting you last night. I can't wait to try the wine club!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved meeting you ladies as well! We definitely need to plan a night to get together after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete