HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
We returned to an apartment that resembles a post-apocalyptic movie set {considering we came from from my Christmas party drunk at 2:00 am, packed for a 2 week trip, and left at 5:00 am for our red-eye flight}. I'm just glad we remembered to take the trash out before we left- that could have been bad.
Oh and thank you to everyone who sent Christmas Cards! It was so fun to come home to a mailbox stuffed full of you {and your babies/dogs} smiling faces. And if you didn't send us one- shame on you. Just kidding. We picked a winner of the "best holiday card 2011"... and it was a tough choice. I mean some of you really do have cute kids and stuff, but one stood out in our minds. I present to you...
| Mr. and Mrs. White's 1950's Christmas. It doesn't get much better than that. |
Moving on... While our fridge might be completely empty, I made sure we had a bottle of bubbly saved to pop for tonight's festivities.
| From my Twisted Vines Wine Club! Cheers! |
The hubby and I are sipping the good stuff and getting ready for a wild night at... wait for it....
P Brennans! Who would have thunk??? ;) They're having a nice 3 course dinner and champagne toast both 7:00 pm {in honor of NYE in Ireland} and at midnight. Plus, we have a special place in our hearts for that pub. Not just because it's way too convenient and is in our building, but because they have our Christmas card displayed on their bar mantle.
| Where's |
| Bet they never did that with Norm or Cliff's Christmas card at Cheers |
As we clanked our glasses together tonight, we reflected back on the last 12 months. 2011 was pretty damn good, actually! We had the wedding of our dreams, were lucky to be a part of three other fabulous weddings, our niece was born, my best friend is about to have a baby, we hosted a ton of visitors and got to really experience DC, I started my career at LivingSocial, we spent over 2 weeks on the beaches of St. Lucia, the Bahamas, Destin, took trips to New York, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Cabo San Lucas, met some awesome new friends while still keeping our best friends from home-- I still feel like someone needs to pinch me to wake me up. I know this isn't everyone's situation, and I am genuinely thankful for the blessings we've received.
And for you, readers: sending blessings and wishes your way from the East Coast! I hope 2012 is full of happiness, love, health, wealth, family, friends, and anything else your heart desires :)
Mrs. Smith signing off for 2011, need to finish getting ready. See you next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment