Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week in review...

I'm way behind on my blogging. I know, I know- you've been DYING to know what's happening in the world of Mrs. Smith. Work was insanely stressful this month, but I balanced the scale by spending QT with my hubby and had some fun girl's nights.

I never posted pics from my impromptu pub crawl with Mattie last weekend. That was my first and last experience in Adams Morgan. We started off on U Street at Chi Cha Lounge for some hookah and hummus:


My first hookah experience since freshman year of college.
Next, we went to Local 16 for a drink and stopped into Stetson's for a shot before heading to Adams Morgan.

Our first stop in Adams Morgan was the famous Madam's Organ. It's a 4 story bar with live Blues, and apparently everyone there loves to get black out drunk. When in Rome...

Mattie and I know each other really well, but somehow she didn't know about my bizarre phobia of taxidermied animals. We walked in to the bar and immediately I panicked- the whole entire place is covered in exotic dead animals! There were full mountain goats over the doors and two LIONS coming out of the wall! I ran to the back and explained my problem to her. I told her that I could stay, but I needed a drink ASAP and needed a minute to adjust. I closed my eyes and she lead me upstairs the 2nd floor bar. This floor only had a buffalo and leopard, that was a bit more manageable for me.
How is this not creepy for everyone??
I started pounding crown and cokes to try and loosen up a bit.
After my liquid courage set in, we headed back downstairs to enjoy the live music. I couldn't handle the lions so we stayed at the back of the room and posted up by the innocent looking ram {or whatever that thing is}.




After a while we decided to check out a few more bars. It was around 1:00 and the streets were packed. It was like New Orleans on steroids- seriously. There was vomit all over the concrete, it smelled horrible, and the crowd got reeeeeeeally ghetto later in the night. 
Random guy puking 

We hopped in and out of Grand Central, The Reef, and finished the night with steak and eggs at The Diner. Around 3:00 AM we walked outside to get a cab, and 45 minutes later, we finally made it back to Mattie's place. It was nearly impossible to get a cab, I think they avoid the area in fear of being held up at gunpoint or having a drunk sorority girl puke in their car. They're smart. Since it was so late, we had a slumber party at her place instead of me cabbing it back to Arlington.
Shacker!
U Street was fun, but overall I was pretty disappointed with Adam's Morgan. The bars were all totally packed with insanely drunk college kids, drinks are waaaaay overpriced, and after midnight it's ghe-tto. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it's definitely not my scene anymore. I was in great company, so we had a blast, but I'm not in a rush to go there again.

Sunday we met Nick and Janice for dinner at Ping in Shirlington Village. We haven't seen them in forever- it was great to catch up!


Thursday night, Zeke and I went to a HH for Texas college's alumni associations at a bar in Georgetown called George. It's the fanciest fratty bar I've been to since moving here.  It's hidden in an alley... you normally have to be on a "list" to get it in. The bartenders wear matching plaid shirts, khakis, and hats...
I finally met up with Blair {one of my pledge sister's besties} and her boyfriend - we had such a good time! She's definitely my kind of people, I'm excited to hang out again :)

Wreck "Em!
Teaching everyone how to Douggie

Last night, Britt and I went to "Blush and Brush", a BYOB painting class in Georgetown. Here's what the painting was supposed to look like-



We outlined in yellow so that you could paint over it easily. My wine glass looked more like a pimp chalice.


Not sure how this one will turn out...
Britt's painting
My painting
Almost done!
Added shadows and finished outlining

Made the picture a window instead and put the Washington Monument in the background!
Next, we hopped in the car with two random girls we met and went to some bar on the south waterfront. We stayed for a little while, but got kind of bored and didn't know anyone, so we left and headed to P Brennans {imagine that!} to meet up with Zeke.

Look who we ran in to!

You betcha!
Ok, ok, it's not really them. But they were real impersonators and did a comedy show across the street at the Arlington Cinema Draft House. The looked so much like the real people!

Today was fabulous. I woke up and went straight down to the pool to work on my tan. I scored a cabana- no more concrete for this girl!

We spent about 4 hours soaking up the sun, then I had this weird craving for Outback {random} so we grabbed an early dinner and went shopping in Clarendon. Tonight we're laying low and watching movies. Nice little Saturday :) Tomorrow we are getting up early for a bike ride and will probably go to the pool again. The whole "no plans" thing is kind of nice sometimes.

I hope everyone had a great weekend as well!

Oh, and I should have an update about Dr. Zuckerberg next week. He left for vacation but I think he's going to sign with us! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment