Three things to celebrate today:
1. No more fixing my hair alllllllllllllll summer long.
Why?
That right there is why. 50% humidity + public transportation = my summer "Bohemian" look. I wish I was one of THOSE girls with the sexy wavy beach curls, but unfortunately I look like a wet dog if I don't bust out the Chi. So instead of waking up, showering, and straightening my hair only to have it stuck to my head and wavy 20 minutes later, I'm going to give myself an extra 30 minutes of sleep in the morning! Hello nighttime showers, headbands, and bobby pins. Who knows, I might go on another "grow my hair out so I can chop it off again in the Fall" kick.
2. I'm a bridesmaid in Shannon's wedding!
I came home today to a wonderful surprise in the mail....
My adorable poem asking me to be a bridesmaid!!! What a CUTE idea! And the letter even matched the lavendar shirt I wore today. That's fate ;) I'm honored to be a part of Shannon and Bryce's big day in December. It's going to be a beautiful wedding!!! I'm bummed I couldn't be with her tonight, she had all of the girls come over for dinner then they went to see Bridesmaids in the theater. I contemplated going to see it by myself and Face-Timing someone, but I thought that was a bit much. I'm definitely missing my girls tonight though... starting to get pretty homesick.
But to help ease my home sickness... 3. It's Civil War Week on the History Channel!
Up there with SharkWeek and My Fair Wedding marathons, Civil War Week is one of my favorites by far! I'm random, I know. You should see our DVR library- it has everything from America's Best Dance Crew to Iron Chef America to Intervention.
But thanks to my dad, I've always had an affinity for American history. A little KJS trivia- I actually won the US History award in the 10th grade! That's the one class I didn't skip on a weekly basis my Sophomore year. I love learning about US history specifically... it's fun to learn about the people and events that brought us to where we are today. I'm a snake in the grass during Trivial Pursuit- you should ALWAYS pick me to be to be on your team. No one ever sees it coming ;)
So, if you're like me and could care less about the Mavs vs. Magic games or the NBA in general- it's Civil War Week to the rescue! Happy watching :)

No comments:
Post a Comment