Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Food Trucks & Florida

Today I crossed another food truck off of my list! My co-worker Jules and I walked a few blocks to check out TaKorean- Korean BBQ Tacos. Genius!

 I ordered 2 Bulgogi Steak tacos with spicy Kimchi Slaw and treated myself to a Jarritos Mandarin soda.

If you've never had Korean BBQ, you're definitely missing out. Not sure if this is PC, but I used to be too afraid to try Korean or Mongolian BBQ, for some reason I thought I was going to eat dog and cat meat! It gave me the heebie jeebies. But once I realized I was being ridiculous (and that meat from McDonald's is probably worse than dog), I free'd my mind and indulged!

Think of a fajita with sweet/spicy teryaki sauce, slaw that's vinegary but not overbearing, and just enough cilantro and Sriracha sauce (big red plastic rooster bottle with a green top that's at every pho restaurant) to make your nose run- all wrapped in two fresh corn tortillas.

Overall, Lobster Truck is still my favorite by leaps and bounds, Pi on Wheels is second, and I haven't decided who is third. I'm waiting to be blown away.

On a separate note, we are about to start packing for our trip to sunny Florida tomorrow!!! We leave at 5:00 to fly to Panama City Beach, then we drive to Destin for one of my bestie's weddings!!!

Sheena and John are saying "I Do" on the beautiful beaches of Destin, then are having their reception at a place called Cabana Blu- I'd describe it as Ocean Chic ;) Look how pretty!
Outdoor dining area
I couldn't be happier for the two of them, they are such a sweet couple and have such a cute story about how they met. If you've ever heard the song "Buy Myself A Chance" by Randy Rogers... that's pretty much it :) They've had some major hurdles to cross, from Sheena getting laid off to John finishing school, and the entire time they've been so supportive of each other and  it has only brought them closer together.
My favorite pic of them :)
I'm honored to be a part of this wonderful occasion, and can't wait to celebrate with Mr. and Mrs. John Aschenbeck!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week/weekend- catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment