Saturday, April 30, 2011

DC Cycling & Successful Saturday

Our first DC cycling go-round was a success! We did a relaxed 18 mile ride from Roosevelt Island to Mt. Vernon and back. There were a few small hills and windy trails, so it was a great first ride to get us in shape. The trail ran alongside the Potomac, past the National Mall, around Reagan National Airport, and by the Kennedy Center... there were so many photo opportunities, but if I stopped at every one, we never would have have finished.

Other than sore butts from being on the bike for the first time in over a year, we made it through the ride just fine and feel great! We averaged a little over 10 mph (curvy, congested roads, couldn't get above 15!), and burned over 1,000 calories.

Snapped a few pics along the ride...


Stopped at Reagan to watch some planes take off

My favorite monument in the background
US Capital
More Washington Monument
Even more Washington Mounment
Made a wish that my seat would magically become more comfortable
We love sunroof weather
Days like today are the reason we moved up here- not a cloud in the sky, 62 and sunny, no humidity, nice paved bike trails. I can't wait to explore more of the trails and beautiful scenery!

The day got even better, believe it or not! We made a trip to Pentagon City Mall and I picked up some new goodies from Sephora, we got our bedding and me a new suitcase from Macy's, and my hubby bought me an early b-day present :) 
Love it!!!
Then, we went to Crate and Barrel and used some of our gift cards to get a new rug. I can't wait to get everything set up... the apartment is finally coming together! 

We finished the night off with some Lost Dog Pizza, a 6 pack, and a movie. I'm a happy girl :) Hope your day was equally as wonderful!

2 comments: