I'll skip the pleasantries and just say that today started off a little rough.
My 4 mile morning commute to the office took over an hour {thank you DC Metro}, and I was once again reminded how Corporate Recruiting has it's ups and downs. Out of 80 resumes I screened today, I scheduled interviews with *maybe* 6 candidates, and I had to read cover letters like this:"I'm a great sale person because I am dedicated and have patients".
I read resumes like this:
"I have over 15 yrs experience in marketing customer service administrator I am in need of employment I have allot of skillz and i'm a very quick learner.... I can start work asap...... Plz contact me ...my resume would not load on your system but I'll have it upon the interview! Thank you for the opportunity!"
And I conducted a phone interview where the candidate quoted Egon from Ghostbusters 2. I shit you not. And here's how he used it:
Candidate: "You know that scene from Ghostbusters 2 where Egon says 'Print is dead.'"?
Me: "Umm... no, I don't think I remember that scene."
Candidate: "Ok, well I used to use that line on my in-person client visits all the time."
Me: "Hmm... interesting! Well... I appreciate your time on the phone today! I think that wraps up my questions. I'll be in touch".
My only saving grace for this Monday was the fact that a) There was a beautiful sunset tonight...
And b) I drank an entire bottle of wine last Wednesday night and needed to buy a few wedding gifts for our friends. Everyone was registered at Macy's, so I went to their website to buy a few goodies, and I noticed they were having a sale.
Fast forward to this evening:
Me: {opening the front door} "Hey Baby! You're home early!"
Zeke: "Umm... Kate... why do you have a dolly? Full of boxes?"
Me: "Well, I told you Macy's had a great sale online last week, and I bought some stuff. But we needed it ALL. You knew that."
Zeke: "I thought you were just getting 'a few small things'".
Me: "I know... but I got an extra 15% off and free shipping! Awesome, huh??"
Zeke: {Says nothing, shakes his head}
But really... we needed new sheets... and tupperware... and Martha Stewart herb preservers... and... wait for it...
| A Petite Gourmet Portable Gas Grill... DUH! {For the patio, of course} |
In addition to my kitchen gadget excitement, the rest of the Macy's moment of weakness finally finished off our apartment decorating. I haven't posted pics of the new digs in a while... here are a few to show you the progress! I took most of these last night, so please forgive the lighting.
| Where the magic happens. |
| The fruits of the my weekend labor: our study is finally moving-box free! |
| Bar |
| Blurry bar |
| Living room |
| Favorite part of the apt: my handsome hubby on the couch :) |
| Master BR- the new sheets & euro shams aren't pictured. Love them, though! |
| The smallest closet I've had in a really long time. I deferred to Pinterest for some storage tips! |
Night night!

Eveverything looks great!
ReplyDelete